http://www.channel4.com/programmes/bedlam/episode-guide

About anxiety

almamatters
31-10-13, 20:53
I am hopefully going to watch this.

nomorepanic
31-10-13, 21:02
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Sparkle1984
31-10-13, 21:13
I'm watching it now - it's very interesting so far.

Gotagetthroughthis
31-10-13, 21:17
Watching it at the moment. All of these programs I see seem to be based around OCD, why? Not that OCD isn't a serious debilitating illness but these programs always make it come across like these people are some sort of freaks and doesn't actually try and show how these people are feeling inside.

Show someone with panic attacks or severe GAD or severe health anxiety going through a hellish day and that might make people get a tiny little grasp of how bad it feels. Instead of showing people with major OCD and trying to make them look like weirdos.

Thinking of it I guess it is a lot harder to show people with GAD or health anxiety as they hide it well on the surface.

debs71
31-10-13, 21:32
I made a conscious decision not to watch this programme.

Programmes like this frighten me to be honest, and upset me a lot. I don't really know why, but it is like although I know I have a mental health condition, when I see mentally ill sufferers actually hospitalised on television, it feels far too close to home for me.

Just scares me.

I also agree with Gottagetthroughthis. I dislike the way mental health sufferers are shown at the more extreme end, or as something odd, as if they are a sideshow of some kind, when the vast majority of us are functioning, productive people who struggle through the day with and despite our conditions.

Rennie1989
01-11-13, 11:58
I am already appalled by Channel 4's attempts of making 'freak shows' out of those with a mental illness (Like Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners) so I will watch for the basis of research and analysis, although I'm expecting to feel very frustrated afterwards.