PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

Tense
31-10-13, 21:44
Hi,

I am nearly 27 years old and I have suffered with anxiety and depression for 11 years. I have managed my symptoms in the past, but the last 3 years they have come to bite me on the backside.

It all started when I was younger. My family were all mistreated by my biological father and he tried to kill my mum and almost killed my younger brother. I had counselling for this and eventually put it all the past. In 2002 my sister died and I carried a lot of guilt about things I should have said to her but didn't. At the time I was 16 and just about to take my GCSE'S so I put my head down and got on with them. When she died, I had 2 days off school. In 2005 it finally hit me and I lost a lot of weight. I was prescribed Sertraline and have been on them ever since. I got over that stage in my life and started to teach young adults with disabilities. 2 of my students died within a year of each other and this bought back many emotions I had felt but never addressed when my sister died. 2 years ago, my oldest brother had a stroke. I've had one round of CBT and then got sent to bereavement counselling, which has made my anxiety 10 times worse than it's ever been. I am now in my second round of CBT and hoping it works!

I have many fears including medical - centred around medications and illnesses. I dislike doctors, dentists and visiting the hospital - even it is just for routine appointments. I have OCD, GAD, Agoraphobia and Depression. Life sucks but I've got to get better. My sister didn't get much of a life and i'm wasting mine by my fears.

Mark13
31-10-13, 23:30
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

livethelife
01-11-13, 19:38
sounds like you have been thru a lot in your life already :(

i do hope you find help. i am 20 yrs older than you and still suffer with it. still searching to find the freedom to just enjoy life and take things as they come instead of borrowing trouble ahead of time. (like i'm doing right now)

cantmaketoast
01-11-13, 20:25
Hi there :]
It's nice to meet you if you want to talk drop me a message, I'm going through severe social anxiety and agoraphobia myself atm due to some bad life experiences but wanting to get better is a good start I think good things happen to good people and wanting to get better is definitely a good thing! I hope you find some good advice here.
x

Tense
02-11-13, 18:56
Thank you for your kind words everyone. It is comforting to know I am not the only person that suffers. Reading some posts, theres a people a LOT worse off than myself. This site has really opened up my eyes.

Darrenshow
02-11-13, 20:24
Hi,

Anxiety is in the mind, you need to focus on what is bothering you and try to welcome the feeling rather than fight it, I've had anxiety for over a year now every day and all day but I'm slowly dealing with this in trying not to fight the attacks, seems strange but the more you practice this the more you see the result.. It's not a nice place infact some days I'd rather die than live with this, but it's a positive mind witch will make a healthy mind,

Good luck