PDA

View Full Version : feeling on edge

retter
31-10-13, 23:00
i am sitting here with the feeling of discomfort in the back of my mind and hope that i can keep my feelings in check and that i dont let things escalate to anything major. i seem to dread bed time as i have time to think too much, so i will be listening to talk radio quietly which i hope helps.

Broken-doll
06-11-13, 23:17
I know exactly how you feel. Night-times are the worst time for me...and it's this time I have my most severe attacks, or worst case scenario...end up calling emergency services! It's very difficult to fall asleep when the mind is working overtime! I hope the radio worked for you. :) x

Rennie1989
07-11-13, 11:06
You could try knackering your mind out a bit, like reading or doing a puzzle before going to sleep. If I begin to think too much I'll either put my iPod on or watch some TV for half an hour, just to focus my mind elsewhere.

Or, try diverting your mind away from the thoughts. Acknowledge what you're thinking about, stop, then take it somewhere more pleasant, like an event you're looking forward to.

retter
09-11-13, 22:52
Thank you both for your kind words and advice i have found it very reassuring. My thoughts are with you and i hope you are both in a good place and can find a way of overcoming your fears. My way of getting to sleep helps often and can keep my mind from wandering if i can think positive throughout the day i can keep myself together better, it sometimes helps to fall asleep while downstairs watching t.v. then i dont have a chance to think when i get to bed. I sinceley hope you are both well. Take care and stay strong. :sleep:

Col
10-11-13, 16:31
Have u tried binaural beats YouTube. I tried one for first time yesterday as my anxiety was through the roof and being a massive sceptic, got to admit it did calm my heart rate down.

Xx