PDA

View Full Version : alex

alexgpa
31-10-13, 23:53
Hi. I am someone who I'm sure suffers from health related anxieties. I have gone through several periods of what I believed to be some type of illness, but nothing shows up in medical tests, and I have had some doctors tell me it could indeed be anxiety driven.

I thought I read on here some time ago about someone who experienced the same thing that's been happening to me lately, but I can no locate the posting.

It was a little bizarre because I never thought anyone could have this symptom as it doesn't make sense, but here it goes:

I have lately had trouble staying asleep. As soon as I drop off to sleep or shortly after often I get woken up by some weirs sort of sensation in the stomach area, hard to describe...but thought at first it was sort of like nausea, but now on reflection I just think it is some odd sensation.

It is very off-putting and makes going to sleep something I fear a little because of it happening. lately, when it happens, the only thing that can keep me asleep is a sleeping pill. At least that I get some peace of mind, but know it is not a good long term solution.

I take 1 mg of clonazepam most days. That used to get me a good sleep, but that didn't stop the sleep sensation lately although it does relax me somewhat.

Might start taking a small dose (1/2 mg) earlier. The if I need to take a sleeping pill to sleep through so be it...not good.... but better peace of mind...than continually waking up..

Any one hear of anything similar. Or have any suggestions or ideas. I di admit I do dwell on my health and how I feel probably too much, but it's kind of hard not to.

I figure too if the sleeping pill helps for a while and I get some decent sleeping pattern...I may improve, just because it has not been happening for a while and I can establish a more positive pattern of thought.

But ne thing I do believe is my mind or thought patterns are a big part of the entire situation.

Thanks for listening. It rambling a little I know.

Alex.G

Moley
06-11-13, 22:24
Am sorry that I cant help you. but didn't want you to think that no one cared.
Hope you find some answers soon.

chromegirl
09-11-13, 01:28
Hi Alex,

My anxiety used to be triggered by that sort of thing too. It's what my therapist called "body noise." Everyone has body noise, but for some of us on hyper-vigilant alert, we get so alarmed it turns into a big ole panic attack. It was very reassuring to me to be told that "it's just body noise, it can't hurt you"... so I hope that this thought reassures you, as it did me.

nphillips2
11-11-13, 18:05
My friend suffers from IBS that is somewhat related to his anxiety - but his tummy just seems to hurt constantly. Does that sound at all feasible?