PDA

View Full Version : I didn't pass out/go insane/die!!! ;)

joc80
01-11-13, 03:25
It may seem like a non-issue to "normal" people, but to me, this evening (Halloween) was the first time in probably 2+ months that I actually had a good time!

Took the kids trick or treating this evening, just a stroll around the nieghborhood, but I had FUN. It was nice to get out other than leaving the house to go to work or a quick trip to the store.

I have been in a huge rut for a while now, and was starting to feel hopeless that I would never feel normal again. I was starting to have attacks at work, but refuse to let it stop me there. I just push thru the attacks at work. I have too much to lose! But really, I have been having attacks 1-2 times a day, even at home for far too long and its really exhausting.

Yes, all day I was not feeling "well". Once we got out, I had an attack early on, but just pushed thru it until it passed. And I must say, it was well worth it! Such a confidence boost, and I feel good for once. I am proud of myself for getting thru it at a time when I have been thinking this is just going to be my life. Panic. Its a horrible beast to live with!

Hmmm... And I started weaning myself off mirt... And imagine that, I am starting to do better. ;)

Anyway! I just wanted to shout out to the world that I can do it. I can beat this crap!! ;)

Greg17
01-11-13, 06:05
What a lovely story! Well done you, you should be rightly proud of yourself. And so brave too :)

Really inspiring, thank you for sharing!!

cactusjohn5
01-11-13, 23:06
GRATZ! Baby sets forward is all you need!

joc80
02-11-13, 03:17
Thanks! Had another really good day today. Its so weird! Lol. I am enjoying this ride right now!

SarahH
02-11-13, 12:00
Well done:D and great to hear good news!!!

reenymac
02-11-13, 12:56
So pleased for you.....giving me some hope too when I think am just going to have to live with panic attacks for the rest of my life :) good for you and thanks for sharing

Reeny

joc80
18-11-13, 17:39
Ok, so I stopped meds, and the panic/anxiety/agoraphobia seemed to have vanished.

I can do things again, go out and not have the car in sight all the time. I just have to get over expecting an attack to come lol. But that will go away as I have more and more good experiences I think ;)

Went to the mental health office today for a quick visit, and we agree'd to just take a break from talking about it, I am gonna touch base in a couple weeks and go from there. But it seems like all this has finally turned the corner. Every day I am getting more and more confidence. My wife even noticed a big difference at home. She says I am annoying again, which is a GOOD THING! Haha

almamatters
18-11-13, 17:42
I love stories like this, really well done and so glad you are starting to feel better :)

MrAndy
18-11-13, 18:00
well done joc :D

Seeking Freedom
22-11-13, 17:32
Well done! It's great to hear some success stories and helps others (like myself) realise that we CAN get past this! There is light at the end of the tunnel :D

joc80
01-12-13, 06:29
Thanks guys. Still plugging along med free. Things are a lot better, I noticed I am at my worst on the last day of my work week. But that's probably due to being up at 2am and trying to stay up to watch our shows til 11-1130 that night. Usually in the late evening I feel "off". But I think I am tired lol

Had the work xmas party last week, was a good test for me. Upstairs, 300+ people packed into a room etc. I did well. I just have to stop expecting an attack! Lol

I got an ipad mini for my gift, but then there was a draw for a big prize to trade up, and I got a new Imac! ;). The geek in my was very thrilled! I had to go up infront of everyone and shake hands with the owner, get my pic taken etc. So was a good 5+ min infront of EVERYONE. And you know what? I was too excited about winning that really, I didn't even think about an attack and I was fine. ;)

So ya, a month in with no meds, and the road to recovery is quite smooth.

Just a little update. I had to share cause I am pretty proud of myself going med free ;). Hope everyone out there is doing ok!