PDA

View Full Version : Need a diagnosis!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannahscared
01-11-13, 09:15
This is insane and really driving me crazy..

I cannot drink anything!! Everytime I take a few sips of water I feel full to death, like I've eaten a 3 course meal. Really, really full. And it lasts for hours.
It's really horrible and I don't know what to do!!

What could be the reason for this?

vicki1980
01-11-13, 09:25
It may sound silly but it sounds like some form of bloating disorder. Probably brought on by anxiousness.

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Most eating or drinking disorders have similar symptoms, get a qualified Dr to check it out for you, that's best really.

Tense
01-11-13, 12:42
I feel full when I'm anxious. I can't eat or drink anything because it feels like I am forcing something down with no room for it to go. I think it is a common anxiety symptom and the more anxious you become, the worse it will get. Do a relaxation exercise and listen to some music and see if that relaxes you enough for the feeling to subside a little. Like, with everything, If you are concerned then book an appointment with your doctor.

Hannahscared
01-11-13, 21:00
This is horrible!

AuntieMoosie
02-11-13, 00:02
Hun there's no one here that would be able to give you a firm and correct diagnoses as we're not doctors :)

I don't even like playing the guessing game either really, cos what you need is a proper chat with your doctor, they will be able to give you a diagnosis and put your mind at rest hun :)

I will add this though, I know that if I'm really anxious and up tight with worry, I cannot eat..........it feels like it kind of gets stuck and it's uncomfortable, mine is definitely anxiety because I don't have that feeling any other time, I guess muscles somewhere much tighten up with the anxiety??

Do make an appointment with your doctor and get them to reassure you and put your mind at rest, problem is with situations like this, is that we get scared so then the symptoms start, that makes us even more scared, making everything feel that much tighter, and then we end up in this circle going round and round, have your doctor tell you that all is well and hopefully that will ease the symptoms off a bit hun :hugs:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/moreslushymandy/Group%20Stuff/poppywreathMandy_zpsac091af0.gif