PDA

View Full Version : Am I the worst here?

Fly2Freedom
03-11-06, 13:35
Hi Im new here.
It looks great.:)
I have read through some of the posts and the majority of you seem :normal: to me.
I hope someone understands my pain.
I was 14 when I had my 1st panic attack.
I was 17 when diagnosed with depression.
I was 18 when I took my first overdose (there have been a few):(
Last attempt last year.
I have depression/anxiety/o.c.d/agoraphobia/social phobia/insomnia/stress/S.A.D/self harm for a few years.

Cant work or drive because of this.
The doctors tried all the pills with me and the clinic I was with for many years has given up on me.
It seems genetic plus a reaction to a very hard life in general.
A double whammy.
I feel dead and tired.
Im also sick of people saying but you look ok.

Nice to meet you all and I hope we all can be free of our troubles.
Lots of love.
x Fly x

mad_shell66
03-11-06, 13:59
hiya, and a big warm welcome to the forum.

everyone is suffering the same way mate, so hang in there.

you will get all the support you need

shellx

Fly2Freedom
03-11-06, 14:03
Thanks xx[:X]

Lindalou64
03-11-06, 14:06
no your not the only one and one day this shall pass for you it will at least get alot better......and i know about those people who say ya look fine ....but they cant understand unless they have it took me a long time to accept that...but hang in there things will get better stay positive.......Linda [8D]

jill
03-11-06, 14:07
Hi Fly :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people her who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Fly2Freedom
03-11-06, 14:09
Hi thanks xx
and hugs to all who reply me.
Its nice to know Im not alone in this x[:X]

peabodyfreak
03-11-06, 14:57
Hi there Fly!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find some wonderful support here as we all understand what you are going through. We've all suffered from various stages of your current psychological state and will try to give you as much help and advice as we can.

What treatments and therapies have you tried so far for each individual thing?

Kerry xx

Fly2Freedom
03-11-06, 15:12
Hi and thanks xx[:X]
I have tried most of the anti depressants that are old and new.
Beta blockers.
Diazepam.
Counselling.
Positive thinking.
Herbs.
Accupuncture.
St Johns wort.
EFT and even praying.
My bored therapists said going to hospital wouldnt make any difference as I would only be given anti depressants.
I know of many groups but wont go because of my phobias[even though I know everyone is same as me}
[Sigh...]
Love x Fly x

Paddington
03-11-06, 15:49
Hi fly!Good to meet you!You have come to the right place for helpand advice.We have tried most things on here,Many feel cbt is the way forward have you asked for that from your dr??It is one to one too!Sorry you havin such a hard time at the moment.love Mary rose,xxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

keepemlaughing
03-11-06, 16:06
Hi Fly,
Boy did you come to the right place. I recently had a major meltdown and have been on meds now for 12 days. i just happened upon this site somehow and decided to try it out. The people here are wonderful. You will sense a true caring for one another in the posts and on the chat line. We have all suffered from some form of mental anguish and many still are, or i should say most still are, but with the help of one to another we are making it. one day at a time. The thing i find most refreshing about this site is the way we approach our problems with humor. Being able to laugh at one's self is the first step in not taking this darn life so serious. We are just itty bitty humans in a ginormous universe.
Keep your head up Fly and laugh a little, not make that laugh a lot. it is the best medicine in the world.
Take care,
Sheryl[:O][OK]

Sheryl

Fly2Freedom
03-11-06, 16:19
Thanks all for the kind welcomes.
You are all very very sweet.[:X]
xxxxxx

honeybee3939
03-11-06, 17:40
Hi Fly

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, where all a great bunch, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way !

Love

Andrea
xxx

AlsoPanickyPolly
03-11-06, 18:07
No you're not alone and I'm not normal at all. Had depression form age 10, had anxiety from teens and it is now full blown. Tried suicide as a child and teenager also self harmed. Have had OCD, have agrophobia and claustrophbia. Can't have sex and get bouts of uncontrollable rage.

Allie
03-11-06, 19:06
Hi there and welcome!

You'll certainly find help here!

Since the age of 18 I've suffered from panic disorder/health anxiety/ocd/agoraphobia/swallowing phobia and as a consequence of all this I self harmed. I totally understand you pain.

I've been having therapy for the last couple of months, and it's been about six weeks since I last cut myself as I feel I now have better coping techniques than self harm.
Until I got my therapy and correct medication self harm was the only thing I had to externalise alot of internal pain.

I'm now on sertraline for anxiety and also promazine to support me as I withdraw from diazepam and all seems to be going well.

Fluoextine, Effexor, Anafranil, Fluvoxemine, Lorazepam, Diazepam, Beta Blockers, Carbamazepine, and took one respiridone tabet and hated it!

I'm now on Sertraline for anxiety and also Promazine to support me as I withdraw from diazepam and all seems to be going well.

Let me assure you, you are normal!

Alison [8D]

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

trac67
03-11-06, 19:59
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
03-11-06, 20:00
Hi Fly

Just wanted to welcome you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great help here and meet some lovely people

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

yorkylover
03-11-06, 23:35
Your not alone here,you will get lots of support on this forum.
take care;)

Ellen XX

Fly2Freedom
04-11-06, 10:19
Thanks xx [:X]

manmoor
04-11-06, 11:12
Hi Fly,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

chelsea
04-11-06, 13:28
Hi fly,

Welcome to the forum and babe you are so not alone we all are going through the same or similar. You will get alot of help and support here i know i did and i managed to make some really good friends too.

Take care.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

donna

LickeyEndBlues
04-11-06, 13:38
Hi Fly,
Welcome and I'm sure you will find many people to relate to here. I have been using it for about a month now and find it really supportive.

TC

Iain

Laisez les bon temp roulez

bearcrazy
04-11-06, 21:48
Hi Fly,

I am fairly new here and joining was the best thing I have done for a long while. I have 'met' some great people here. Its good fun in the chat room, but if you feel down there's always someone there to talk to and help you through.

Great to meet you x

mysweetshadow
04-11-06, 22:03
Hi Fly nice to meet you, Welcome along.[^]

I can say that your are deffinatley not alone, I was reading your previous posts and I have had the same problems as yourself. I have been a dreppressiant sine I was 11, I had my first Panic Attack at 19, and have at many times felt suicidle. I have also tried most Anti-Depressiants and Diazepam.

phil

Fly2Freedom
08-11-06, 13:26
Thanks nice to meet you all xx[:X]

creatrix
08-11-06, 20:21
Hi, Fly. I'm very new here, but I've been very impressed with how nurturing a place it is! I think you'll find it very supportive.

Blessings! [8D]

Debra
09-11-06, 00:11
hi fly im new on here and just wanted to say hello...youll like it here:DDebra

Debra
09-11-06, 00:13
hi fly im new on here and just wanted to say hello...youll like it here:DDebra

BUBBLEGIRL CHESTER
22-07-08, 15:20
Nahhh Bout The Same As You Chick But Im On Citaopram And Havbing Cbt And Feeling Much Better, Keep Your Head Up

Southern_Belle
22-07-08, 15:43
This thread was originally from 2006.

Southern Belle

titchjd
22-07-08, 15:54
Hi Fly .....You are definately not alone and there is no such thing as normal ..I to have sufered with anxiety and panic attacks and curently both plus agoraphobia but not just the odd 1 i live with constant anxiety and panic disorder everyday ..I take 30mg Citalopram everyday and have Diazepam for when I feel like Im cracking up which happened last week ,Im off work and cant even take my daughter across rd 2 school .....the problem with anxiety etc they all link in 2 each other so panic leads 2 agoraphobia depression self harm etc .Do u do daily relaxation or meditation cds thats what ive been advised 2 do so I can control my anxiety only started 2day so will let u know how it goes xxx
Take care and remember u arent alone if u ever need 2 talk just send a message xxxxxxxxx

beverley gango
22-07-08, 17:04
hi there fly , hang in there i have bin suffering from agraphobia chronic anxiety depression for 20 years now im 40 now and im still battling with it. and trying my best 2 bring up 3 kids on my own . its got 2 be the most scariest feeling in the world but nothing really bad ever happened 2 me . the amount of people that say god u look really well is unbelievable if only they knew how i feel on the inside . the only time i leave the house is 2 go to the doctors i am even scared to go into my garden , believe me fly u are not the only one . i would say having our illness is worse than having a leg off at least u can see that disability u cant see ours and its hard for people to understand because they cant see it , i once said to my doctor if my illness stood in front of me i would kick its f...ing head in . i just want u to know how bad things are for me and i will think of u as well as myself because theres always someone else feeling my pain take care fly and keep ur chin up xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

weeble40
22-07-08, 17:17
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

leonard
22-07-08, 20:13
hi fly.
One treatment you have not tried is the nmp chatroom. You will not have to leave your home for that one! Ask for help and I am sure a nmp member would be willing to chat with you.
Take care
Leonard

chikstar
26-07-08, 22:01
I hope you find what your looking for here, plus it really bugs me when your feeling really down and depressed and people say you look fine and they havent got a clue

marie1974
26-07-08, 22:05
i can look real happy and i am great at putting on a front and pretending, but inside i am soooo not alright hugs xxx

eljay
26-07-08, 23:14
i can look real happy and i am great at putting on a front and pretending, but inside i am soooo not alright hugs xxx

Thats me to a T, people cant believe that I suffer as I come across as good for a laugh.

pineapple
31-07-08, 21:22
hi fly, good to meet you. please dont feel alone as i understand everything that you are going please believe me i really do. this site is brilliant just like the people. we will help each other trust me we will get through this.love pineapple keep in touch.....xxxxx