PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Meds!!

Petesy
01-11-13, 22:03
Hi Everyone

My GP has recently prescribed me diazepam 2mg because i can't get passed the two week phase with SSRI's, my anxiety has become that debilitating and my GP says i've to take 2mg three times a day to get some regularity back in my life, but I'm worried about taking these now!! :-(

I suppose i probably feel like this because of the experiences with buspirone, seteraline, citalopram, fluoxatine, etc.

Some reassurance would be really appreciated thank you.

Izzytheanxietyqueen
01-11-13, 22:20
Sorry to here your having a rough time with anxiety, your not alone on that one! Look your GP is there to help you and would never give you something that wouldn't help you or make you worse in any way. Trust that they want you to get through this and try the medicine. What experiences have you had that made you feel this way? Don't always assume it will be the same lightning never strikes twice I like to say. :)

Petesy
01-11-13, 22:28
Thanks for the reply Izzy much appreciated.

The experiences i had were suicidal thoughts, dizziness that actually had me lying on the ground incase i fell, nightmares, hallucinations, amongst others, terrible ordeal.

have you taking diazepam before?

I would like to know what i will feel i know everyone is different but some reassurance wouldn't go a miss.

Thank you x

nomorepanic
01-11-13, 22:29
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Petesy
01-11-13, 22:34
Thank You Nicola

Where can i find it?

Sorry I'm new :blush:

nomorepanic
01-11-13, 22:45
You found it cos you posted on it lol

Petesy
02-11-13, 17:29
Pmsl :blush: