PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing thoughts and self-injury

Almost_Famous7
02-11-13, 11:34
Hello guys!
I'm new here. I rarely post any threads in sites but this time I wanted to share my problem. I really don't feel good. My head is full of thoughts all the time. It's like my brain is making up scenes with different people and different situations. It's horrible cause I feel scared that some of them might occur in real life. The worst part is that I undergo them all like they are happening. This means I get angry , I cry , I feel sad and so on...A while ago it wasn't so bad till I started talking to myself and hitting my head when I get angry. I can't say why I do it - it happens impulsively. I usually do it several times, then I calm down a little and start crying.. No one knows about this because I don't let myself do such things in front of people.
I've been visiting a psychiatrist for 2 years now. I take pills called Abilify. I have tried to share my problem to my psychiatrist but every time i do it she just increases the dose of pills I take. It seems impossible for me to convince neither my parents nor her that there's no need of taking them after I don't feel better.
What do you think my disease is? I read a little about anxiety and unrealistic fears but I'm not sure. I'll be happy if you share your opinion with me.

(English is not my native language so i'm sorry if there are mistakes in the thread.)

mbanth
03-01-14, 21:46
Sounds familiar. I also make up scenes all of the time in my head. They're usually painful and violent. I find it very hard to keep them under control now, although I managed to do so for many years.

You're not alone. I encourage you to keep talking about it with people who understand.