PDA

View Full Version : Who brave we really are

reenymac
02-11-13, 12:51
Hi

Not blogged for ages, since I returned to work after a 4 months absence due to panic attacks, still at work still having panic attacks but am there http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/smilies/yahoo.gif

Have been thinking that people who have experienced panic attacks are truly the bravest people of all, instead of us thinking we are weak for having them we are probably the strongest people of all :) Not a lot of people have faced their darkest fears in lifetime and the fact that we all wake up every morning and know that we have to face our fears and still carry on even with smiles on our faces, I think we should be giving ourselves a pat on the back instead of beating ourselves up for having them.

Have a great day everyone

Reeny

Annie0904
02-11-13, 12:54
Well said Reeny :)

Col
02-11-13, 15:47
Never thought of it like that:D

Yep especially when it's an illness for some of us and there's no way you can stop these dreadful feelings without medication or severe therapy.

Thanks x

kittikat
02-11-13, 15:53
That's a very positive post Reeny, well said :D

And it's great that you have managed to get back to work, well done!

All the best to you, Kitti :) x

Edie
02-11-13, 16:43
I think you're right Reeny. I mean, it's amazing when someone is brave enough to try something amazing like a parachute jump. But we face fears as big as this every single day. It's brilliant you have gone back to work, you're quite right that doing so makes you very brave.

reenymac
03-11-13, 11:59
Thanks for all your comments guys.....hope this post helps others to see that we are not weak for having them but definently stronger for having them

Reeny xx

Neurotic Nick
04-11-13, 23:08
Thanks Reeny, i really needed to hear this today :hugs:

And yes going to work whilst having panic attacks - youre a hero! :yesyes:

Rennie1989
05-11-13, 11:46
I agree massively. To experience a physical response to fear and panic and to still carry living like nothing happened takes a lot of balls. We all need to praise ourselves more for this.

Gingerspider
05-11-13, 13:10
You are so right! Well said :hugs: