PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

Caruss
02-11-13, 22:10
Hi everyone Just wondering how many of you suffer with chest pain.I have had chest pains on and off for 4 years I have seen loads of doctors been to the walk in centre tons of times and even to A & E I have had 2 ECG chest X-ray blood tests endoscopy and they all say my heart is fine, but every time I get these pains I am convinced that I am having a heart attack and it's doing my head in now!!!
It starts with a sharp pain in my chest then I go into anxiety alert mode then my chest goes tight and my heart starts racing which leaves my chest sore and then for days afterwards I am constantly holding my chest and waiting for. Something to happen. It's awful. Can anybody relate to this???

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Please will someone reply

made0fscars
02-11-13, 22:27
I am suffering with the same chest pains as you described right now. It's been like it all day today and on and off since Thursday. I think it's my anxiety as I have very severe health anxiety. :/ my neck and chest both feel tight and my globus sensation keeps playing up too.

It's much worse when I think about it, I keep thinking about heart attacks too! But it's very unlikely.. which I keep reminding myself of.

Fishmanpa
02-11-13, 22:30
Hi Caruss,

While I don't suffer from anxiety, I have had panic attacks and actually had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and most recently stents put in.

Obviously, just from reading your post, you know you're fine but it doesn't quell the panic you feel when your body reacts as it does to your symptoms. I wish I could tell you a secret button to push when you get into panic mode but unfortunately there isn't one. It will come from treating the root of the problem with therapy, CBT and possibly meds.

I can tell you that if indeed you were actually having a heart attack, you wouldn't be posting here awaiting a response. When I had the panic attacks, the symptoms definitely mimicked heart issues with one big difference. For me it was PAIN! I went to the ER due to my history and also knowing in my rational mind it was anxiety/panic related. You can guess what they said. There's an innate gut feeling when a real heart attack happens that's very different than a panic attack. It's an "Uh Oh" moment when you know something is desperately wrong unlike a panic attack which is more fear than anything else. That being said, one shouldn't mess around with heart symptoms, especially if you fall into a high risk category.

Hope this helps in some small way. Feel better!

Pansy potter
03-11-13, 03:43
Omg ... I just had a week of terrible chest pains, then my horses chiropractor came to the barn and he was amazing, he told me that when your rib in the back is out it radiates through your chest and ribs... He said it will most definitely cause panic attacks in humans and horses which is why a horse starts to act funny and won't jump ( just had this with one of my jumpers)
Long story short he cracked my rib back in place and my shoulder was out .... No more chest pain!!!!!
So my advice is go and see a really good chiropractor as the chest pains were terrifying. Also a good test is if you exert yourself is the pain worse? For me it was not this means not your heart.
Hope this helps you :)

anx mum
03-11-13, 18:51
I can for two months now i have had chest pains. Ive had ecgs xrays an echo all of which have come back normal just so worried as pain is around my left breast just wanna be diagnoised proply, know how u feel hun.:bighug1: