PDA

View Full Version : Relapse...big time

dw2121
02-11-13, 19:44
Hello everyone

Ive been suffering from Panic Attacks and Health Anxiety for 5 years now, im obsessed with my heart and im always thinking im going to have a heart attack, ive been on citalopram for 3 years or so but in the summer i stopped talking them and in the past month my anxiety issues have come back in a big way.

I suffered an episode when i was driving, most of my panics happen when im driving on a motorway and im convinced im going to die, its frighting.

Ive just been told this week ill be made redundant in 30 days so i have hit a real low point in my life, im fearful about getting a new job, as my current state of mind is not good at all, the anxiety is making me extremely depressed im sick of the fear i also have a baby coming in jan but i feel helpless to do anything at the moment because of the anxiety.

Annie0904
02-11-13, 20:24
You have a lot going on at the moment and these are things which are high stress factors. Recognise them as normal responses, things will get better, try to take each day as it comes and not look to far ahead.
Maybe you should go back to your doctor for help through this difficult time :hugs:

anx mum
02-11-13, 21:19
I agree take each day as it comes thats what im doing. Like you i feel and convinced im gonna die its awful feeling like this noone really understands unless there going through it. U will get there like u did before u have got alot going on take care:hugs:

SarahH
02-11-13, 21:21
Yes it's a really tough time for you so your anxiety is getting worse....but this is normal when times are tough. I mean "anxiety" is normal........and as Annie says dont look too far ahead and go to see your GP for some support.

Col
03-11-13, 19:36
Hello everyone

Ive been suffering from Panic Attacks and Health Anxiety for 5 years now, im obsessed with my heart and im always thinking im going to have a heart attack, ive been on citalopram for 3 years or so but in the summer i stopped talking them and in the past month my anxiety issues have come back in a big way.

I suffered an episode when i was driving, most of my panics happen when im driving on a motorway and im convinced im going to die, its frighting.

Ive just been told this week ill be made redundant in 30 days so i have hit a real low point in my life, im fearful about getting a new job, as my current state of mind is not good at all, the anxiety is making me extremely depressed im sick of the fear i also have a baby coming in jan but i feel helpless to do anything at the moment because of the anxiety.

Will u get any maternity benefit? How will that be affected?
GOSH if it doesn't rain it pours, for some of us.
Will u get redundancy money. I don't know how your fixed but this might be the break you needed. If your the male I can see the worry of not bringing home the bacon with a baby on the way BUT if your a female I wouldn't worry about the getting a new job right now as you haven't got that long left & will need at least a month or two with baby.

As for the driving fear - that's what drew me to your thread. Hard situation if you have to drive to get to work BUT know when it's getting that bad u start putting your life in danger and your mental health could get worse resulting in even more work issues.

Yes I agree with Annie & go GP.
Takecare x

dw2121
03-11-13, 23:25
Thank you all for your replies i cannot tell you how i feel at the moment im in such a dark dark place, but perhaps a fresh start is what i need, its been a long time a long long time since ive had a new job but what i dread is im not ready to meet new people ive kind of become set in my ways and need to work on myself before im ready to make the next big jump.

To top this all off its only a few weeks since i started with my anxieties again so i was trying to deal with that and then boom this news, im hoping i have enough redundancy that will give me a little time to get back in shape and deal with my anxieties i have no choice but to get back on citalopram, ive tried to live without it for a few months but unfortunately im not ready. I feel like a shadow of my former self.