PDA

View Full Version : Wine and Anxiety?

Earthmum
03-11-13, 08:05
Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way as me after wine or any alcohol really!
I'm in my late 30s and as most of us I used to be able to drink in my 20s not like a fish but more like a giant whale!

The past 5 years or so I have greatly reduced my alcohol intake and have become a lot more natural in drinking herbal teas and fresh juices, I don't touch fizzy stuff, now even if I have a glass of wine at lunch (white or red)
It starts to make me feel sluggish and the feeling of not being there, I detest this feeling and I think it maybe as my anxiety is at its peak the feeling of not being in control overtakes me and makes me anxious, anyway I have to lie down as I feel " hungoverish" but I don't know if I really am feeling this rubbish or if its Mrs Ann Ziety paying an unwanted visit yet again!
As this feeling is with me pretty much until the next day then I wake up and feel groggy maybe a little sick ( but I think that's just my anxiety kicking in)
So basically I feel like crap and really tired!
Why is this happening after 1 or 2 drinks?
And is anyone else feeling the same?

jackieann3
03-11-13, 08:17
Hello earthmum if I drink and felt ok before I started I feel fine the next day but if I drink when I feel rubbish I feel terrible the next day or 2 the reason I will still have a drink when I feel rubbish is that it makes me feel better and the horrible feelings go away at the time but don't last and have to pay for it the next day , it just gives me some felief for a while and the only time I feel normal . Wish you well x

Earthmum
03-11-13, 08:55
Thanks Jackieann , that explains it well,I'm feeling anxious as it is and the monthly is nearing its visit (sorry) so I'm assuming its all playing a horrible role in it!
Thanks for your reply really appreciated :D

jackieann3
03-11-13, 09:52
Oh yes no rest for US women , take care x

mummyanxious
03-11-13, 09:55
Feel much the same after one drink and it increases my palpitations

Earthmum
03-11-13, 11:10
Thanks Mummyanxious, I'm glad I'm not the only one but wish we didn't feel so horrid, can't even bloody relax with a drink :mad:

jackieann3
03-11-13, 12:40
I know earthmum it's things like that makes US feel we are not normal can't even enjoy our self with out suffering for it but I will not give up my social life it's not often I feel like going out so when I do feel like it going to make the most of it x