PDA

View Full Version : Going crazy....

Worrier_78
03-11-13, 15:04
This whole weekend my head has been spinning with racing thoughts around HA. Its really bad.
Little history : I didnt have HA until May this year when I was out of country in Asia for work and I took some chinese herbal medicines to lose weight, eating loads of Chinese food filled with MSG together with acute stress from work resulted in Ectopic beats\PVCs. I got really afraid and googled everything one could think of , went straight to the cardiologist there and they scanned my heart top to bottom , performed all the tests and found NOTHING underlying cause and thus they said these are just extra beats PVCs and you dont have to do much unless they become too bothersome , they give beta blockers. I chose not to take beta blocker so the cardiologist gave me xanax to treat the stress and anxiety. I tapered xanax off and developed HA during the tapering process. Since August this year, my focus has been shifting from one part of the body to the other. Brain only thinks in worse things. I have had two urine tests, two CBC , one extensive liver functions test and a mammogram.
Last CBC came out clear on just Tuesday last week (29th Oct).
Since Friday, it seems my brain went into overdrive mode, I first focused on kindneys, then liver, then heart beats (PVCs) and since this morning brain. Because of xanax withdrawal , I have loads of symptoms and one of which is dizziness \ lighthead and I searched dizziness\vertigo and all kinds of scary results came up and since then I am soo scared and occupied.
Also trying to console myself with the thoughts that CBC is just out and all OK so I should not think like this but this brain goes on and I feel soooo frustrated.
Any words of comfort, reassurance would be appreciated. Does any one else has vertigo\dizziness issues too? Or lightheaded feeling?

Thank you.

Andria24
03-11-13, 16:53
Hey there :)

First of all (here's the perspective) ... if you have all those things wrong with you right now then besides the fact you're doomed, you're quite the medical marvel :)

In short you are not doomed, you do not have lots of deadly diseases, and you are fine. With the exception of one illness: HA

And that's the one you need to look at. That's the one that's exhausting you. So go get it sorted. Spend your time researching how you can conquer your illness (and let's call it what is is ... your mental illness) instead of researching symptoms that you think you have.

HA is as real as a broken leg, as valid as the menopause, so go get yourself healed :hugs:

Worrier_78
03-11-13, 17:41
Thanks alot Andria24,

I will . I really will spend time treating this HA. I hope I can put my mind off it.

livethelife
05-11-13, 02:50
worrier_78
your story could be my story
i think our brains work alike and inside my head is not a fun place to be sometimes.
take comfort in knowing your blood work is good and as suggested start to work on getting help for your HA.
that is what i have promised my husband i will do.