PDA

View Full Version : chest discomfort for days

mimie
03-11-13, 19:36
does anyone have intermittent chest pain/discomfort for days at a time or know any cures? Thanks for any help

MRS STRESS ED
03-11-13, 20:16
sorry iv not got a cure but I to get discomfort in my chest, it can last for days and sharp pains my gp reassures me its my anxiety sorry I couldn't be more help :)

mimie
04-11-13, 19:06
thanks, it is reassuring to know someone else has this. I have been to gp and cardiologist and they say it is anxiety, but i still find it a worry.
I have it for days, it comes and goes, sometimes in my neck and collar bone area. I have had 10mg propranolol today for the first time- my gp gave me them 18 months ago but i have taken the first today, it helped but did not get rid of the discomfort completely, maybe it is too mild, as it is a mild dosage. funnily the discomfort disappeared when i was with friends for a couple of hours.

MRS STRESS ED
04-11-13, 19:17
propranolol can help settle your anxiety ,im on 80mgs ,the reason you didn't have the discomfort in your chest is because you wasn't thinking about it, you were with your friends so you didn't focus on your chest ,Im the same when Im busy Im ok so lets keep busy lol :D

mimie
04-11-13, 19:52
yes thanks lets do that! Can you tell me do you take the propranolol every day- my gp said just take when you need it? Do you take 80mg in one dose or twice a day? i think i need to up mine. thanks for your advice, you're a great help xx

MRS STRESS ED
04-11-13, 20:26
yes thanks lets do that! Can you tell me do you take the propranolol every day- my gp said just take when you need it? Do you take 80mg in one dose or twice a day? i think i need to up mine. thanks for your advice, you're a great help xx

yes I take 80mgs everyday its one tablet its a slow release ,I started on 10mgs and went up thing is everyone is different ,its early days see how you go :hugs: