PDA

View Full Version : Why why why why why??

Conni
03-11-13, 21:26
Hi there,

The name of this thread is absolutely correct for my temperament right now and I apologise if this causes you all to think "corr over-reaction"- haha.

My mum e-mailed me with this website a few days ago. Around 1 week ago my anxiety started to set in badly. It all began at work a few months ago, I worked (now quit hurrayy!) for a call centre for New Look, very angry people talking to me all day every day and lets be brutally honest here - It was soul destroying!
I came into work one morning and all of a sudden became very aware of the hundred other people sat in the same room as me. Breathing got worse and eventually i threw myself into a full blown panic and ended up running out of the room!!!

My mum explained to me that many people around my age, 21, get panic attacks as emotions are running high at the end of teenage years etc etc... A while passed and roughly a week ago I had another very strong urge suddenly to leave the room and run away back to my bed. This was combined with very strange feeling that my whole life was a dream and like nothing actually matters any more (please note that I have now had this feeling so unbelievably strong for around 7 days). I carried on throughout the days and now I have actually quit. This however is due to the fact that in 3 days I am leaving to go travelling to New Zealand.... I KNOW. I keep reminding myself that I have to be strong but I am now not sure that mentally I am capable of doing this trip. I have been abroad for 2 years before and I know what it will be like but for some reason this anxiety will not leave. Like a horrible goblin grabbing onto my feet moaning for me to stay... I am now going to see a Dr tomorrow, I cannot stand this feeling of worthlessness - I cry and cry and cry and nothing makes me feel like myself any more. I have been avoiding friends/parties and even felt the strong urge to leave today in a restaurant which was virtually empty anyway!!

I have always been super confident, I have a strong personality and will not take abuse from anyone. Which is why I was so good at my job - I just did not care about them. Now it seems I cannot hold a gaze with someone for more than 3 seconds without me feeling weak at the knees :'(

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? And why did it have to happen now? :( I really have started to think that I will never feel like I did 2 weeks ago and I will never be able to leave to New Zealand...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

theharvestmouse
03-11-13, 21:53
I empathise with you, something similar happened to me around the same age. It is not a permanent feeling and you can get through this and get back to feeling like you did before this happened.

I take it that you planned going traveling before any of this happened? I don't know what to suggest in regards to that. Are you going with someone? I'm not sure it's a good idea to go so far from home if you are feeling like you do. It's a tricky situation, and only you know if you feel up to going.

Have you been to the doctor about the way you are feeling?

Conni
03-11-13, 22:21
Hey thanks for taking the time to read this and reply. Yes I had planned to go travelling way before any of this started to happen near 5 months ago.. I havent been to the doctor yet but will be going tomorrow morning. In a way I am looking forward to just offloading some of the issues that have been happening to me... on the other hand I am even feeling very nervous about the fact I have to go to the doctors and wait in the waiting room :( Oh dear...