PDA

View Full Version : Pneumonia jab

emeraldgirl
03-11-13, 22:03
I have been advised to have the pneumonia jab as i have chronic kidney disease. I have had a flu jab every year for about 5 years with no problems but I am really panicking about this one as I have heard you can get quite bad side effects and be ill afterwards. Apart from being terrified of feeling ill it is my sons graduation this week and I really don't want to miss it, does anyone have experience of the pneumonia jab?

Annie0904
03-11-13, 22:05
My husband had it and had no side effects at all. I need to go for one to as I have asthma.

emeraldgirl
03-11-13, 22:17
Ooh thanks Annie. I have been reading horror stories on the web and worrying about missing the graduation

Annie0904
03-11-13, 22:31
I had an allergic reaction to my flu jab but just a sore red itchy arm. My parents have had both and they are 83 and had no reactions.

emeraldgirl
03-11-13, 23:05
Thanks . I will try and be positive about. Probably wont put it off as the doc tells me it's pneumonia season grrrr always something to worry about x

roberto1
22-11-13, 22:00
Hey, I had my jab on wednesday along with my flu jab!
The pneumonia jab was horrible in my opinion, my arm started to hurt on the wednesday night, then on thursday had an extreme headache, tiredness, irritability and couldn't sleep! I couldn't move my arm at all and just felt horrible..
It doesn't effect eveyyone though, I think it's pot luck really, but i've never experienced side-effects like this before.

emeraldgirl
24-11-13, 10:09
Sorry you are feeling rough Roberto1 My doctor did tell me that you are more likely to get side effects if you have both jabs together as your body is building up two lots of antibodies. I was fortunate - in fact I had no side effects except a slightly achy arm for a couple of days.just o reassure you, it should be gone soon and it's better than having pneumonia - I know because I've had it.