PDA

View Full Version : New girl is stressed

Indya
04-11-13, 10:22
I am pretty sure I am suffering from some sort of anxiety. At night times if my husband is working night shift I think I hear noises around the house like someone is breaking in and go around checking all of the windows. I can feel my adrenal glands working overtime and my heart racing. Recently I have found that if I open a window in my room and can hear noises outside then I can sleep better at night, otherwise I am tense with fear hiding under my blankets.

Recently I think that I am getter worse. I had a health scare where one of my pupils dilated (which can indicate a bleed on the brain). I was sent for an MRI and the stress of waiting for the results was massive. I did get a clear result, thank God.

I have been suffering from tingling in my feet and legs for a few years and now I am am getting tingly and numb lips and cheeks as well as shooting pains that run all over my body at different times, feet, arms, head, chest.

I was sent for a suite of blood tests with the result that I am low in Iron and have elevated ESR levels. I am starting to question my self whether there is something significantly wrong with my health or I am suffering Anxiety. When I asked the doctor what elevated ESR levels mean, she could not tell me as she did not really know herself, but has asked that I return for further blood tests in 3 months. What is worse is that I start researching everything on the internet looking for answers and can probably can come up with a thousand diagnoses that are incorrect and all of which I am dying.

I am a full time working mother with young children and a job where I deal with a lot risk management.

Any advise, help, insight or other would be helpful. :blush:

Annie0904
04-11-13, 11:21
Hi welcome. Raised ESR levels just mean that there is some inflammation. It could happen if you have had a virus infection. It is quite common to have raised ESR. I was told this a few years ago an I am fine :)