PDA

View Full Version : Help plz! =-o

Petesy
04-11-13, 12:30
Hi Everyone

OMG!! I'm having a massive panic attack!

I've not had one like this since May, i woke up put the kettle on and bang out of nowhere i felt like i was going to collapse i grabbed the worktop and held.onto the walls all the way to bed, I'm on my own and Totally bricking it =-O.

I don't feel.like I'm in my body now & my heart.is POUNDING! And I'm SHAKING like crazy
And the rest........

PLZ HELP

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

This is getting worse i need to call someone! :'(

Daisy Sue
04-11-13, 12:34
Hi Petesy.. I'm here if you want to talk.. try and calm down, focus on something in the room and make your mind stop thinking about how you feel... this is just anxiety, you're ok, nothing's going to happen.

reenymac
04-11-13, 12:55
Hope your okay Petesy.....it will pass it's excess adrenaline running round your body causing weird symptoms such as hyperventilating......hope it passes soon

Reeny

Petesy
04-11-13, 13:05
Hi Sue

Thanks for your reply truly appreciated

i've made the bed, cleaned up a bit , now I'm trying to watch this morning anything to take my mind of this, i can't hold on to this all day or it will come back with a vengance.

Sue it just came out of nowhere, really caught me off guard and being alone right now i know was adding to the height of it so I'm trying to myself just exactly what you've said even though I'm still a bit frightened.

Thanks again btw x

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Thanks reenymac for your reply

yeah I have this weird tingling and numbness on my face now!

Can youz relate to this at all?

Daisy Sue
04-11-13, 13:09
You're welcome.. sometimes it's easier to picture the panic attack as a wall, made up of negative or scary bricks, the more there are, the more the panic attack is in control (your bricks could be being alone, shock of feeling the panic come on, wondering what's wrong with you..), so you just need to break those thoughts (bricks) down.. you're fine on your own as you always have been before, nothing's going to happen, etc.. just replace negative with positive, and hopefully it'll go away, defeated :D

Petesy
04-11-13, 13:19
Thanks sue

I'll give that a go and keep it in mind ;-)

ankietyjoe
04-11-13, 14:14
I've got my panic and anxiety pretty much under control most of the time, and I STILL get big ones out of the blue just like you have.

You've done the right thing by carrying on with normal stuff, so just keep telling yourself you've been here before, nothing will happen and eventually it'll pass. Don't over dramatise what is just a panic attack in your own mind, don't teach your subconscious to fear the next one.

RachelVictoria
04-11-13, 14:34
One thing I learnt worked the best during my CBT was breathing techniques.
In through your nose and out through your mouth.
It helped me tremendously whenever I felt a panic coming on. It's helping slightly with my WD symptoms too atm.

Remember. YOU are in control, always :) All the best !

Petesy
04-11-13, 14:52
Thanks Everyone for your support

it means a lot :-)

I'm just going to get on with my day and not dwell on what's happened because i know what's in store if i do.

I'm awaiting a 6 week stress management course at my local health centre, plus my support worker is sorting out CBT for me and to see the psychologist, so I'm making strides.

One day at a time :-)

Thanks again everyone <3

dw2121
04-11-13, 15:13
When you next have one trying covering your mouth with your hand, this way you wont lose carbon dioxide which increases the symptoms, if you can lie on your back and stretch your arms like your superman as much as you can and take slow deep breaths.

I think if they are frequently you may need what i called the super pill, cant remember the name of it but you take one in the middle of a panic attack and it switches it off in a matter of seconds but you need to speak to your doctor about that.

Petesy
07-11-13, 22:50
Hi all

doc gave me valium