PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do :(

Hannahscared
04-11-13, 14:58
I'm an 18 year old girl..
PLEASE can you all read this and hear me out? No one listens to me ever, and I am so scared, just need some help :(

A few weeks ago I started to get heartburn. It lasted a few days, weird because I'd never suffered from it before .. luckily, it went away..

Then, randomly, I was out one day and my stomach started to feel really heavy and bloated.. I hadn't even eaten much? Then, I got even more anxious and couldn't even eat or drink anything without feeling full after a few bites.

My doctor put me back on citalopram which calmed me down a bit, but now I am getting a constant burning feeling in my upper abdomen, it feels a bit like constant hunger, but also that feeling you get when your going down a rollercoaster? It's so weird.. And I keep belching all the time aswell. I'm so scared what is wrong...... doctors don't help me ever

PLEASE someone enlighten me and help.. I'm so confused :(

HoneyLove
04-11-13, 15:13
It sounds like issues with your stomach, like acid reflux or a bit of inflammation - it can happen at any age, regardless of whether you've suffered with it before or not. Stress can cause it or make an existing condition worse.

Have you talked to your GP about the stomach problems rather than the anxiety it causes you? Or have you tried using anything like antacids to help you feel some relief?

Andria24
04-11-13, 16:05
Hannah doctors do help. They're not all the same, not all are good listeners, and if yours isn't then you either need to go to your appointments with an older, more confident adult (that will help you make yourself understood), or change your doctor.

None of us here can diagnose you, only your doctor can do that. You will be fine but you need to speak to a doctor. You also need to consider discussing the more important issue, which is your anxiety disorder.

Hope you're feeling a little better :hugs: