PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice!

Laura2013
04-11-13, 15:32
Hi,

I am new to this site, but wondering if anyone has any answers or help to my questions.

For the past 3-4 years I think I have been suffering 'health anxiety' there goes me self diagnosing again.

I am on the waiting list to see a mental health nurse for a diagnoses but in the mean time this is affecting my daily life and has worsened over the past year and a half.
Every time I have probably not a massive issue, but to me it is,
over the past 3 months I have taken my self to many GP's, walk in centres and hospitals for reassurance of other doctors.
when I have a common cold and a viral rash I think I have cancer, or a headache is a brain tumour, its not that I just think this, I am obsessed with looking online at symptoms of many illnesses, this then causes me to have panic attacks and feel even worse. Also if I am out during the day things go through my mind, for example, two weeks ago i was at a cat and dog shelter looking to see if my missing cat was there, when I started to get thoughts that the dogs would get out and attack me, I then had to leave due to starting to panic. does anyone else on here suffer this, if so have you got any advice of what I can do to help, I am 20 years old and have had quite a bad childhood with traumatic deaths. maybe this could be the cause?
please help this is ruining my life.

roxy90
04-11-13, 15:54
Aww hun I know exactly how you feel, I could have written your post. For the past 5 months I've continuously taken myself to.doctors, hospitals, walk in centres with my various 'illnesses'.

Headache, its an aneurysm, earache ia going to turn into meningitis, a stomach ache is an ulcer, appendicitis, etc. At the minute I think I have a bowel obstruction!

I cant give you much advice (as I cant help myself!) but you really nneed to step away from Google. I know it's hard (im a former obsessive googler) but my life has improved since I stopped. There's too many horror stories , googling is the devil!

If you want to.chat just message me x.im only 22 myself wrre too.young to be wasting.our lives.worrying x

Laura2013
04-11-13, 16:00
Thanks so much! I have sent you a message :) x