PDA

View Full Version : Hoarseness

bearcrazy
03-11-06, 20:55
Does anyone else find they get a hoarse croaky voice when they are anxious. I am finding this a real problem especially when I am really stressed.

Debra
04-11-06, 23:42
hi there,yes i also get hoarseness and am so glad that someone has the same problem as( here i go) this is my new worry.this also seems worse when my throat is very dry.

hope this helps:D

Insomniac
05-11-06, 13:16
I always have problems with my throat when I'm anxious. My mouth is dry and my neck and face muscles are very tight. This would make you hoarse. The more I talk, or sing if I'm on my own with music, the muscles relax and I start to feel better.

Hope this helps. :)

Lisa.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Allie
05-11-06, 19:21
Yes! I get this when I'm anxious, espcially when it's about swallowing as my attention is drawn to it. I find myself clearing my throat quite often when I'm anxious too!

Take care

A:)

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

ksmith
05-11-06, 20:56
Hi Bear

Do you think it might because you speak a lot in your job? Teachers have to project their voices as well so that could be it why your voice becomes hoarse. Try sipping water frequently and rest your voice when possible.

Kay x

bearcrazy
05-11-06, 22:19
thanx everyone