PDA

View Full Version : finally a diagnosis!

nicola1980
04-11-13, 18:44
Hi everyone, I've now had 3 assessments with my Physcologist and she has diagnosed me with PTSD and has said i need intense trauma therapy but she is confident that she can help me and ill respond to the therapy, its took over 2 years to finally get diagnosed and i feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and finally i can get the help i really need to overcome this panic/anxiety, I've now got to wait aprox a month for the therapy to start and she has warned me that at the start i might find it quite traumatic and ill need alot of support from my family which fortunately i have so fingers crossed i respond to the therapy as Im determined to beat this and get my life back! X x

Tufty
04-11-13, 19:46
That's excellent news Nicola, not excellent that you have PTSD but that you have been offered some help after all this time, I bet you feel relieved. A month isn't too long to wait either, keep posting and let us know how you are
Love Sam x

Edie
04-11-13, 21:05
I'm glad you finally have some answers and a way forward now. I hope the therapy will help. It's reassuring they have been realistic with you about finding it tough in the beginning. Do you have family support in place during this period?

nicola1980
04-11-13, 21:09
Hi thanks for your replies, my family is very supportive fortunately and i have warned them Im going to need them more when my therapy starts and their all quite happy to do that x x

Annie0904
04-11-13, 21:23
I was also diagnosed with PTSD and had intense psychotherapy. It can be quite draining in some sessions but worth it in the end :)

nicola1980
05-11-13, 06:26
Thanks Annie, glad to hear it helped you x x

Rennie1989
05-11-13, 11:08
Good luck with the therapy. Even when it starts getting hard just keep at it, it will be a massive benefit in the future.

Edie
05-11-13, 13:08
It's great you have support around you. I'm glad you're finally going to get the support you need now.