PDA

View Full Version : newbie

seventytimes7
04-11-13, 21:12
Hi Everyone...
I'm Chantel. I'm 25, and a long term sufferer of panic attacks, anxiety and depression. I'm currently taking citalopram, which I have been for 4 years now.
I always feel so awkward doing these 'say hi!' things. But I guess its a good place to start?

MRS STRESS ED
04-11-13, 21:17
:welcome:you will find lots of help and support here

Miss Rainy Day
04-11-13, 21:17
Hiya I'm also new to this only signed up this evening. I'm also new to feeling like this! (Lol) I suffered from acute depression as a teenager but now this is a whole new level.

Sparkle1984
04-11-13, 21:54
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :) I'm on citalopram too. Do you know what could have caused your anxiety?

seventytimes7
04-11-13, 22:52
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :) I'm on citalopram too. Do you know what could have caused your anxiety?

A whole amalgamation of things! I've always worried since I was a kid. I had a bit of traumatic childhood, which has always made me very edgy. Allot of it stems from that. I had a wonderful counsellor for just over a year, who helped me to realise where allot of my anxiety stems from.
Unfortunately I had to stop seeing her as I became older than the age limit (it was through a charity for young people).
Think I would like to try again with someone at some point. How about you?

Sparkle1984
04-11-13, 23:01
I had a few difficult situations and traumas in my childhood too, like being badly bullied, family problems and my grandfathers dying when I was very young. I'm about to start online 1:1 counselling so hopefully I'll find that helpful. I think it will be helpful for you to try counselling again sometime.

retter
04-11-13, 23:23
I also am new to this. What i have found though is that just by expressing what your feeling with people in the same/similar situation really helps, its almost healing. Anything that helps is a good thing.

Gina9
04-11-13, 23:58
I'm new too :welcome:

retter
05-11-13, 00:29
I like the quote Gina it is true, you have no choice sometimes its do or die and you have to stand up to youself, and be strong when you feel at your most vunerable. Its a cruel lesson to have to learn. Stay strong