PDA

View Full Version : Really scared right now!!

ady1779
04-11-13, 22:55
So I am fixing supper and all of a sudden there is this throb like sensation right alongside my neck, like right were you take your pulse. It comes and goes, I wouldn't call it painful but more like a sore throb. I have been anxious all day with heart worries, that's where my HA centers, and this has set me off! Now I am thinking its my jugular or some other vein or artery and I am going to have a massive stroke. Why would it feel throbby like that there. Its alongside my trachea, like if you were going to check your heart rate after working out. I know I am really anxious so not in a good frame of mind to think rationally. Need some rational thinking right now!!

Gina9
04-11-13, 23:02
I get that too quite a lot, the same sort of pain, mine is just from muscular strain.

retter
04-11-13, 23:09
Hi there Ady try to keep thing in perspective you know this mostly your ha and you need to ride it out and allow youself to calm and settle. God is with you and he wants you to relax and to allow him to help you, he wants you not to suffer and be at peace within yourslf allow yourself to feel at peace . i hope you feel better soon my thoughts are with you.

Fishmanpa
04-11-13, 23:10
Hi Ady,

Rationally speaking, based on what you wrote, "I have been anxious all day with heart worries", it sounds like some muscle strain. Because of the stress, your muscles get tense, sometimes you don't even realize how tense, and eventually they tire or you get a spasm etc. If it were sinister, you wouldn't be posting here asking now would you?

So.... what are you making for dinner? Rationally thinking...I'm starved! ;)

Gina9
04-11-13, 23:18
Hi Ady,

Rationally speaking, based on what you wrote, "I have been anxious all day with heart worries", it sounds like some muscle strain. Because of the stress, your muscles get tense, sometimes you don't even realize how tense, and eventually they tire or you get a spasm etc. If it were sinister, you wouldn't be posting here asking now would you?

So.... what are you making for dinner? Rationally thinking...I'm starved! ;)

Yeah this is how I get mine, I get all tense and it is a scary place to get a pain.

I get it loads Ady, it does hurt but what I do is shrug a few times or relax my head and neck on a cushion for 10 minutes, hope this helps :hugs:

ady1779
05-11-13, 01:31
Thank you all!! Sometimes I need a dose of some non anxiety thinking! Relaxed with my kids, read books, etc and took the focus off. I know I put tons of stress on my neck and shoulders but in the moment I get so caught up in the fear!! Thank you so much for the support and kind words, they mean loads!!!
And we had spaghetti, fishmanpa! Lol!