PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of physical symptoms of HA

*Fallen Angel*
05-11-13, 12:19
Went for a routine blood test this morning. Had loads of them so not scared but I do get a bit anxious as I have terrible veins and they quite often have to take it out of my hand. Anyway, the head of phlebotomy did it this morning, got the vein first time and bingo!

So I came home and ever since, even though I'm not anxious now I keep having to take deep breaths because it feels like I'm out of breath. I feel tense inside and have a bit of a headache but I'm not overly concerned or frightened of it.

I am guessing the physical effects are from the anxiety this morning, but I don't always get them so not sure why now? Anyway I'm rambilng. What I want to know is how to get rid of the physical effects of anxiety. I think I read somewhere on here that it's basically adrenalin that gets stuck in the body.

Andria24
05-11-13, 12:58
Angel you get rid of the symptoms by recovering from the illness. It's like the flu - once you're better the fever, aches and pains go.

Once you no longer have HA well ... bye bye intrusive thoughts, aches and pains ( psychosomatic ones) and the fears, worries and constant sadness.

Here: psychosomatic (http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Somatization-and-Somatoform-Disorders.htm)

cpe1978
05-11-13, 13:03
This is a question that I have also. My issue is that I ache, literally from head to toe and totally symettrically. Now even in my most anxious of moments I couldnt think of anything that would cause that :) But I would love to know physiologically why it happens.

I don't feel anxious anymore really.

Fishmanpa
05-11-13, 13:32
This is a question that I have also. My issue is that I ache, literally from head to toe and totally symettrically. Now even in my most anxious of moments I couldnt think of anything that would cause that :) But I would love to know physiologically why it happens.

I don't feel anxious anymore really.

I don't know how old you are CP but I'm 54. Obviously, I've been through a lot. I remember a friend telling me that the day I wake up on my 40th birthday, I'll have an ache or a pain I didn't have before. Damn if he wasn't right! ~lol~

Now? Sheesh! Between age and the lovely things that go along with it (arthritis, eyes getting worse etc.), I have all the lovely side effects from cancer treatment. Aches and Pains is my middle name! ~lol~

If I dwell on them, they feel worse. When I'm busy and pre-occupied with something else, I forget about them for a while (pain meds help too).

Stress causes physical reactions that are similar to exercise and physical movement so it makes sense that being stressed can cause aches, pains and muscle soreness. Panic/fear and anxiety provokes the primitive flight response in our bodies and that's a physical need to get away/run. That means your muscles and all physical aspects of your body are on alert. What follows when the threat lessens is fatigue and aches and pains from being stressed.

I saw an interesting documentary on this the other day. Navy Seals and others in the military are actually trained to fight this primitive response so they can perform better in stressful situations.

cpe1978
05-11-13, 14:06
I am 35 so not quite knocking on 40 yet :)

What I do know is, that I can pinpoint the moment that serious HA kicked in and it was after that point where my muscles started to ache. I have put 2 and 2 together. Before that point I didnt think about achy muscles at all - apart from after a heavy game of badminton!

Fishmanpa
05-11-13, 14:43
I am 35 so not quite knocking on 40 yet :)

Wait to you turn 40! And remember when you wake up on your 40th with an ache or pain you never had before, some guy on the internet told it would happen! ~lol~

cpe1978
05-11-13, 14:55
Looking forward to it already......although when all of the diseases I have had over the past couple of months finally materialise I doubt i will see it :) lol

*Fallen Angel*
05-11-13, 16:19
Well after going out and about this afternoon the distraction was sufficient enough to put a stop to the feelings. I still have an aching arm from my blood test this morning but not in the slightest bit bothered by it.

So, until I can fight it enough to stop the sensations before they take hold, distraction is clearly the key!