PDA

View Full Version : Newly Diagnosed Fast Heartbeat causing Anxiety

Chester
05-11-13, 14:43
Hi everyone.

I've been suffering a few falls and fluttery moments the past few months and I've had an cardio echo-gram (clear) a 1 day ECG (clear) and a 6 day ECG (not clear!)

I've now been referred to cardiology and it's causing me to be worse than ever before.

Now the doctor has said it may be anxiety and my fast heartbeat isn't constant but when it goes up it doesn't do it a normal way (say after exercise) but shoots up and stays up (around 150 beats per min apparently)

So I'm getting a 2 week ECG fitted now and now she's mentioned fast heartbeat I'm feeling every beat, moment, flutter and its driving me nuts. I'm avoiding caffeine, alcohol, I'm on a health kick and it's not really me!

Has anyone else had anything like this?

Spot-the-frog
06-11-13, 10:15
I just recently had a minor procedure done in hospital and was very anxious. When they took my stats, they said I had low blood pressure but an incredibly fast pulse which they put down to being anxious. They did not seem over concerned but kept an eye on it. Now I don't know what to do next. Do I just accept it, or do I get it checked out? Sorry it has not answered your question, I just wanted to say you are not alone.