PDA

View Full Version : Illness/Anxiety

unfitwellhappy
05-11-13, 16:08
Alrighty folks,

Have been feeling pretty amazing the past few months, coped with redundancy, finding a new job and relocating... i'm putting this down to the combination of pregabalin and mirtazapine...

Now, however I have been floored by a common cold.... All the anxiety has returned, or at least trying to... stuck in the cycle of feeling crap, worrying about feeling crap etc etc..

Does anyone else get an increase in anxiety when they are ill :(

Andy

Broken-doll
05-11-13, 16:19
Hi Andy, I think it's common for most anxiety sufferers to become more anxious when I'll. we're constantly scanning our bodies for symptoms and are more sensitive and aware of them..... Hence the crappy vicious cycle of worrying about symptoms and therefore making them even worse.
X

unfitwellhappy
05-11-13, 16:41
Aye, it's pretty grim right enough... I have a bottle of night nurse to keep me company tonight, so hopefully I will feel a bit better tomorrow.

Rennie1989
06-11-13, 10:34
When I get anything chesty related (cold, sore throat, minor chest infection etc) it exacerbates my anxiety because I can't breathe properly. Not to mention getting stressed when your body can't work up to speed.

Just remember to keep up the clear fluids, pain killers if need be and plenty of rest. Once the initial bad days are over you'll feel absolutely fine. Remind yourself that it's only a cold.

unfitwellhappy
06-11-13, 19:35
Thanks for that, feeling slightly more human today - not 100% but i'm getting there... i think

Rennie1989
08-11-13, 10:14
Alisha - if you try relaxation techniques it will help with the tension.