PDA

View Full Version : heart attack fear

Caruss
05-11-13, 18:22
I really hope someone can relate to this. Every day I have some sort of chest pain I have had this for over 4 years and have had lots of tests all negative but I don't believe them every day I think I am going to drop dead even when I feel ok I am always holding my chest waiting for something to happen do any of you you feel like this amd get different chest pains every day

SarahH
05-11-13, 18:43
YES!! It is all part of Health Anxiety..........if something was wrong with your heart you would be dead after 4 years:) Anxiety causes muscles to tense up particularly in the ribs which causes twinges...then you worry which makes you more tense which makes those twinges become pain..........then you worry more..................and so the cycle continues...

If you have had tests then you are fine:)

anx mum
05-11-13, 18:43
Know how u feel its awful. I get chest pain everyday lately all sorts of pains the latest being stabbed and sharp ive had so many tests but noone has really dianoigsesd me proply. Like u i feel like im gonna die this scares me so much i can understand your fear:hugs:

Eyji1
05-11-13, 23:08
You are not dead yet. Are you going to spend the rest of your life anticipating the moment you will die? And die not having lived at all over the fear of the day you will die?? :P