PDA

View Full Version : Constantly going to the toilet :(

Izzytheanxietyqueen
05-11-13, 20:38
Hi everyone I'm back again, recently I have needed the toilet so so much like every half an hour I have an urge to go again, not a DESPRATE urge all the time but a really annoying urge, I don't drink much and I'm always anxious I don't know how to stop it or if this is really serious which I bet knowing my luck it's pretty serious :/ I don't know what to do

Tense
05-11-13, 20:40
It could be anxiety related. When your experiencing the fight or flight response your body likes to get rid of any unnecessary weight, such as, urine and faeces. The more you worry about it the more it will happen.

If it continues, or it stings/burns when you pee then see a doctor because you may have a uti

Izzytheanxietyqueen
05-11-13, 20:42
It could be anxiety related. When your experiencing the fight or flight response your body likes to get rid of any unnecessary weight, such as, urine and faeces. The more you worry about it the more it will happen.

If it continues, or it stings/burns when you pee then see a doctor because you may have a uti

I doesn't sting or burn in anyway although I have had that ages ago but this is just constant urge all the time to go to the toilet even when there is no panic attack it's just there.... :( oh god this is bad

Fishmanpa
05-11-13, 20:43
Just to back up the anxiety aspect... From the "Symptoms" section on the left:

Kidneys, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the toilet

What you feel:

You have an urgent need to go to the toilet, even though you may have just gone. Starts decreasing urine output but initially wants to get rid of everything already waiting to be excreted. May need to visit the loo urgently.

What causes this:

High stress biology produces the need to eliminate. It does so because when the body prepares for action, it wants to eliminate all waste matter in order to make the body as well prepared for action as possible. Having all excess baggage removed, the individual will be at their peak readiness in order to 'fight or run' - the 'fight or flight' response, produced by the Emergency alarm.
This symptom is very common and often experienced by stage performers just before they are to perform. Unfortunately, for those who experience anxiety disorder, a high level of stress biology will produce this symptom, and as long as the stress biology is high, the symptom will be produced. That's just how the body was engineered.

pringles
05-11-13, 20:49
If you think you need the toilet then you will need the toilet. Its that easy

Izzytheanxietyqueen
05-11-13, 20:57
If you think you need the toilet then you will need the toilet. Its that easy

But it's not normal to go every bloody 5 minutes is it!?

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Just to back up the anxiety aspect... From the "Symptoms" section on the left:

Kidneys, urgency to urinate, frequent urination, sudden urge to go to the toilet

What you feel:

You have an urgent need to go to the toilet, even though you may have just gone. Starts decreasing urine output but initially wants to get rid of everything already waiting to be excreted. May need to visit the loo urgently.

What causes this:

High stress biology produces the need to eliminate. It does so because when the body prepares for action, it wants to eliminate all waste matter in order to make the body as well prepared for action as possible. Having all excess baggage removed, the individual will be at their peak readiness in order to 'fight or run' - the 'fight or flight' response, produced by the Emergency alarm.
This symptom is very common and often experienced by stage performers just before they are to perform. Unfortunately, for those who experience anxiety disorder, a high level of stress biology will produce this symptom, and as long as the stress biology is high, the symptom will be produced. That's just how the body was engineered.

I don't get it though it's all through the day when I have not had a panic attack :(

Fishmanpa
05-11-13, 21:03
I don't get it though it's all through the day when I have not had a panic attack :(

Your body can be under stress even though you're not in the midst of a panic attack. Stress, whether it's intense or just long periods of worry is still stress and can cause symptoms related to it.

Mind you, none of us are doctors and if you're that concerned, see your physician.

Andria24
05-11-13, 21:31
Izzy is at an age where it's unusual to make or attend a doctors appointment alone. Not that she can't but it isn't the norm.

That said (Izzy) please speak to your mum about how difficult you're finding the grieving process. You really need more help with your anxiety. Can you not speak to your counsellor next time you go?

If it makes you feel any better - I suffer the same as you. I don't have panic attacks and yet I still have days like you've just had. It is p stress related and it is not a physical event that only occurs as a result of a panic attack ... honest. I also have it happen regular enough, so for me it's not a one off event.

Izzy you are perfectly fine, ok?