PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine Withdrawals!!! Help!

Bumblebert
05-11-13, 20:38
I've only stopped about a week or two and feel dreadful. Haven't slept in four days. Aching head to toe, nausea and constant teeth grinding that is the most annoying! LOL. Any advice on what to do? I'm reluctant to be put onto other medication...

ElizabethJane
05-11-13, 22:17
I'm sorry that you are experiencing withdrawals. I have withdrew from mirtazapine twice and it was a very difficult experience. I take it that you have withdrawn from mirtazapine slowly? It will mimic the old illness returning. It is whether you are able to cope with this that is important? Visiting your GP and asking for some diazepam and some sleeping tablets if necessary will help you over the worst of the symptoms. I had terrible panic attacks and hallucinations. It is worth remembering that the withdrawals will pass in about four weeks time. Are you going of to another anti depressant? I wish you well with you're journey. EJ

Bumblebert
05-11-13, 23:49
Thank you. Went down from 45 to 15 over a 3 or 4 month period then stopped. I dont want to take anything else really - I feel better. Bar this withdrawal.

Geoff78
07-12-13, 18:57
Hi Bumblebert.

How's things now? Did you manage to get through the withdrawals? I'm only a week in but my symptoms sound similar to yours.

Bumblebert
03-05-14, 21:05
Im now much much better and havent taken any meds for over 6 months. I still have the occassional blip but im doing much better and feel almost back to normal.