PDA

View Full Version : Feeling as if I'm not real?

anxious_thoughts
05-11-13, 22:07
Sunday night was the start of some really bad anxiety for me. I have brain tumour anxiety so any head pain or dizziness really sets me off.

Monday morning was also not so great as I felt very dizzy and light headed. Although towards the later part of the day I started feeling better. Today at work, almost for the entire day, I didn't feel real, I felt like I was inside a box looking out. Such a scary feeling. Is that normal to have for someone who is suffering from anxiety, or coming down from an anxiety attack that happened sunday night?

I'm just nervous that it's a symptom that is apart of this brain tumour that I think I have :(

Mac1chick
05-11-13, 22:27
Has the feeling gone now Jenn ?

Mac

anxious_thoughts
05-11-13, 22:38
Nope, it's still here :(

Mac1chick
05-11-13, 22:47
I get that too Jenn. I'm told it's a symptom of anxiety x

nomorepanic
05-11-13, 22:51
It is called DP/DR and common with anxiety

Mac1chick
05-11-13, 22:53
I get it alot Nicola x Does it go away ?

chrismanc
05-11-13, 22:57
I get it too but it comes and goes. Hang in there - I'm sure you will go soon.
Chris x

Mac1chick
05-11-13, 22:59
I've had it a while :(

nomorepanic
05-11-13, 23:41
Mine only went when the anxiety subsided

anxious_thoughts
06-11-13, 04:59
Thanks for replying everyone :)

So I went out and it went away. Must be anxiety as when I'm busy I don't feel it as much :)

melishaxoxo
06-11-13, 05:49
Hi Jenn, I am going through the same brain tumor anxiety as you, i am going for a mri scan tomorrow and im scared as shit. I have days when i wake up feeling like everything and everyone is not real,like the day goes by like a blur and people,events and even myself feels like a dream. It is a very sad,alone, disconnected feeling and its like depression. I think maybe for me its because of my health anxiety and that im not living the life of my dreams because im so worried about my health and all these different symptoms i get. Its a hard road to get out of and i hope one day we see the light before its too late.

Katty1303
06-11-13, 14:42
This is me all over. I'm told it's anxiety aswell. My fear is brain tumor also! :(

Shinymonkey
06-11-13, 15:24
I get that too, in fact had it all day today but put in down to the Trazadone i'm taking. Felt really odd all day and can't wait to leave work at 5pm!

eastofeden
06-11-13, 17:27
it's called depersonalization and it's very common.
it's often a symptom of depression or anxiety and can make you feel like you're living in a dream like state.

Mac1chick
06-11-13, 21:32
I'm so sick of this feeling now . Sometimes I think I'd be better off blind !

nomorepanic
06-11-13, 21:59
I'm so sick of this feeling now . Sometimes I think I'd be better off blind !

Umm no you wouldn't!

The feelings go, blindness doesn't

Mac1chick
06-11-13, 22:42
Some people say they have the feelings for years :(

nomorepanic
06-11-13, 22:58
Yeah I did - you just learn to live with it OR you get some help to deal with the anxiety.

Wieslaw
07-11-13, 01:46
a lot of people have DP DR with anexety. My fren who have it realy hard get peranazium for it. But better thing is the attitude.

anxious_thoughts
08-11-13, 03:46
Hi Jenn, I am going through the same brain tumor anxiety as you, i am going for a mri scan tomorrow and im scared as shit. I have days when i wake up feeling like everything and everyone is not real,like the day goes by like a blur and people,events and even myself feels like a dream. It is a very sad,alone, disconnected feeling and its like depression. I think maybe for me its because of my health anxiety and that im not living the life of my dreams because im so worried about my health and all these different symptoms i get. Its a hard road to get out of and i hope one day we see the light before its too late.

Hello Mel, let us know about your MRI. I bet everything will be fine :)

That is exactly how I felt the day I didn't feel real. It was like life was going fast but I was in slow motion watching it from inside a glass box. Such a scary feeling. What are you symptoms like? I really hope things start looking up for the both of us, and everyone else.

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Glad to see I'm not the only one who goes through this, thanks everyone for replying

melishaxoxo
08-11-13, 10:26
Hello Mel, let us know about your MRI. I bet everything will be fine :)

That is exactly how I felt the day I didn't feel real. It was like life was going fast but I was in slow motion watching it from inside a glass box. Such a scary feeling. What are you symptoms like? I really hope things start looking up for the both of us, and everyone else.

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Glad to see I'm not the only one who goes through this, thanks everyone for replying

Hey Jenn,my MRI has been postponed due to some mishap about a booking for my scan, the receptionist didnt end up booking it so i have another weekend to google my symptoms lol..not. I am still so worried.

My symptoms are:
- heaviness feeling when i go to sleep
-heaviness on left eyelid
-eye feels strained/tired
-eye pain and around eye and forehead/cheek pain sometimes its not there and other times it can be real bad
-eye feels droopy
-sometimes all i want to do is sleep
-i wake up feeling like this is a dream and im just existing