PDA

View Full Version : If we all actually thought that what we have is HA would we still be anxious?

livethelife
06-11-13, 01:49
This title may sound kind of weird for this post but I was thinking tonight that if i actually thought that "all" i had was HA then I don't think i would be anxious. it is a vicious circle.

I don't mean to minimize HA and all of the terrible things that go with it but if I was convinced it was ONLY HA then I don't think I would be anxious.

I am anxious because I don't believe I have HA - I actually believe that i really have something wrong with me!! Of course I had this many times before and it has been nothing but all of those times are in the past.

The only time that really counts is right now. And right now I am convinced.

Is this totally irrational thinking?
If I knew for sure that i only had HA I would be doing a happy dance because HA isn't fatal but of course can be debilitating.

OK I am going to end this ramble but what are others thoughts on this?
Does this make sense to anyone else?
It may just be a chicken/egg thing -which comes first.

kittencake
06-11-13, 01:54
I know what you mean. Personally I swing wildly between 'it's just health anxiety, and all these symptoms I'm experiencing can be explained by it' and 'it's NOT (or NOT JUST) health anxiety! I'm dying of something!'

I think any type of anxiety, for a lot of people (certainly for me, anyway), is like a battle in your head between your logical, rational mind, and your anxiety, which is capable of making astounding leaps of logic and justifying all sorts of crazy things.

It's taken me a VERY long time to come to terms with the fact that I am suffering from health anxiety, and to be honest I still haven't accepted that it's the only thing I'm suffering from. But there are certainly moments when I can believe it is, even if they're rare.