PDA

View Full Version : Severe anxiety to mild anxiety

Rennie1989
06-11-13, 10:48
Hiya all

Some of you may know that I went through a bad relapse back in 2011 where I eventually got treatment for it at the end of 2012. Well, I've just received a letter explaining the outcome of my CBT and my eyes went to the PHQ scores.

When I was assessed in 2012 I scored 25 for depression (severe symptoms) and 19 for GAD (severe symptoms).

When I was assessed AFTER the CBT my scores dropped to 5 for depression (no symptoms) and 7 for GAD (mild symptoms).

My face was absolutely beaming when I saw that letter! I'm not one who agrees with quantifying anxiety and depression that way but it was great to have it put into perspective that I have come a long way and worked really hard to get where I am now. It is a great motivator to keep me going, and since then I have a number of projects that I have involved myself in.

I'm still in awe that I've managed to come this far. When I was really unwell I never saw myself coming off medication or living without the CMHT keeping a close eye on me, never mind leading a normal day-to-day life, and here I am.

Nobody can rain on my parade :yesyes:

Broken-doll
06-11-13, 22:40
Well done!thats an amazing achievement and must have taken a lot of time and dedication! And it's proof to all of us that progress can be made!
I see that you're quite an active member on this site, and give very sound advice and support to people in need.
I have certainly appreciated your advise and support this evening, and I want you to know that it doesn't go un-noticed! You're a very strong, kind lady and not only have you helped yourself you are helping others!
I hope you're proud of yourself. X

Tanner40
07-11-13, 00:57
That's amazing news, Rennie. I know you've been an inspiration for me during the last three weeks and today is no different. Never let anyone rain on your parade.

jayjoe18
07-11-13, 09:36
Wow, well done Rennie, sounds like you have come so far and to do all that off your own back, brilliant!

I agree with broken doll, you should also be proud of how you're able to not only get yourself well again but provide such great support around the forum, I always see your name pop up and notice how you give such helpful advice to those who need it.

Congratulations and keep up the good work! x

MrAndy
07-11-13, 10:49
well done Rennie,I believe in the scoring system it helps show progress when you feel everything is such a battle
best wishes

Rennie1989
07-11-13, 11:15
Thanks everybody for the kind messages.

I am so glad that I have made a positive contribution to the forums. I'm like a scientist, I think I've found an answer (not saying it's the answer!) and I want to share it with others.

Fishmanpa
08-11-13, 17:09
That's awesome! Congrats! It goes to show you what taking the bull by the horns and seeking treatment can do. I hope many are inspired and do the same.

Positive thoughts and prayers. Keep it up!

Annie0904
08-11-13, 17:35
Well done Rennie, really pleased to hear of your progress.