PDA

View Full Version : The Tingle

Mr Mannering
06-11-13, 13:23
I consider or at least considered myself a strong person mentally until I suffered 2 major panic attacks. I have good days and bad, good moods and low moods. I have the will to stand up and say lets just get on with it and take this horrible feeling of fear and worry with me as I go. And in most cases I do. Sometimes I wonder how I even function. However there are one main disabling symptom I cannot get over. As follows...

At any random time, on my own or out with friends laughing and joking I will get this this shooting pain in my chest, not amazingly painful just annoying. It can be directly in the centre or sometime off to the left just under my rib where the top of the stomach lies... It may only last seconds however when I arrives I suddenly feel an instant loss of energy and that all my muscles relax to the point I am sure I will faint/fall etc... It takes every ounce of power in me to say to my friends .. I have to go as I'm sure if I hang around I will be dead/PA.

I have had an ECG on my heart and I play football twice a week with no issues so I'm sure it is anxiety related however it feels like it virtually disables me. When I read great advice like exercise is good for anxiety and I know for a fact it's good for mine I do think at the time of this tingle/pain and how it leaves me unable to practically talk let alone walk.

Daisy Sue
06-11-13, 13:35
Have you got any stomach issues, or been diagnosed with any? This could be something like acid reflux, or Esophageal spasm, which causes sudden acute pain just where you describe. I'd say it might be an idea to go have a chat with your doc and see if there's anything you can take to alleviate things.