PDA

View Full Version : rib pain

lisad1977
06-11-13, 17:23
hi everyone im scared now I have been having pain in my left side of ribs all day. it hurts to touch I feel short of breath it does not hurt to breath in or out but ribs r killing does anyone else get this.

Neurotic Nick
06-11-13, 18:34
Had the same thing yesterday, in my case i suspect it was from my acid reflux...
But ypu might want to have it checked out if it persists, hope you feel better already!

snacks
08-11-13, 22:25
Hi Lisa,
Is it possible that you bumped into something without realizing? Sometimes symptoms of stress/trauma to an area will not manifest until hours later. I would keep an eye on it, maybe apply some ice to help with inflammation. If the pain gets worse I'd see a doctor. Hope you feel better.

LE
09-12-13, 16:11
Late post on this one:

Since my panic and severe anxiety 3 years ago I get sore rib ache on my right side and Ito my back. I've recently had physio on it and it's to do with the muscle. The physio said its a protective thing where I am probably holding myself in a certain way particularly in deep stress. It goes away when I am 'feeling better' but as soon as things get bad for me, it comes back!!

I've had an abdominal MRI (for a cyst) and chest X-rays in the past 3 years so I don't think it's anything sinister. Your probably got something similar.