PDA

View Full Version : does this chest pain sound muscular??

eddy1608
06-11-13, 18:14
hi, ive had this issue over a year now ive had the usual tests numerous ekgs and blood work and lots of trips to the doctors all came back normal. when i tryed supporting my weight holding my self up on my kitchen work tops if i drop down in a dipping motion with my arms at a 90 degree angle i felt a pull in my chest and when i stretch my chest open the muscle feels like its opening again and theres a pain for a few seconds and when the muscle is stretched it goes away. if i think logical its like ive damaged my chest area eg muscles or tendons but as you know with health anxiety red alarms always ring. just looking for peoples thoughts and experiences. also my posture is very poor i always sit hunched forward and always have upper back pain aswell. im 24 yrs old aswell.
thanks people

Fishmanpa
06-11-13, 18:25
hi, ive had this issue over a year now ive had the usual tests numerous ekgs and blood work and lots of trips to the doctors all came back normal. when i tryed supporting my weight holding my self up on my kitchen work tops if i drop down in a dipping motion with my arms at a 90 degree angle i felt a pull in my chest and when i stretch my chest open the muscle feels like its opening again and theres a pain for a few seconds and when the muscle is stretched it goes away. if i think logical its like ive damaged my chest area eg muscles or tendons but as you know with health anxiety red alarms always ring. just looking for peoples thoughts and experiences. also my posture is very poor i always sit hunched forward and always have upper back pain aswell. im 24 yrs old aswell.
thanks people

Eddy,

Without a doubt in my mind, Based on what you said in your post, that's muscle related.

Good Luck!

Annie0904
06-11-13, 18:26
I think if I tried doing that my muscles would ALL ache!! Yes I am sure it is muscle strain.

almamatters
06-11-13, 18:54
Poor posture causes a lot of muscle pain and other problems, I visited a physio for similar issues and straight away he said I needed to sort my posture out and learn to straighten my spine and relax my muscles.