PDA

View Full Version : Atarax and citalopram

Britabb
06-11-13, 20:37
Went to see gp. Anxiety through the roof. Week 4 on upped dose cit. prescribed atarax ( I asked for it as my cousin takes it and it helps him, he has GAD) .. Dr really reluctant to prescribe. Wanted to give me tranquillisers which I really don't want to resort too!!! So in the end he prescribed. Just taken 1, See if it helps cos I've really had enough!!

lilo
07-11-13, 13:20
I am wondering how are you doing on the combination?

Britabb
07-11-13, 16:28
Really well today. Took one at 7pm last night. Didn't make me sleepy but I defo felt calmer. I woke with mild anxiety ( my anxiety had been very very bad in morn ) and I decided to take another one at 8am. I was kinda willing the anxiety to come as I'm so used to it it was like- come on where are you?? None!! Felt tense in shoulders and back but I think thsts where I have been so anxious lately. So all in all a very good result. It states that these tabs make u really sleepy. Not me, I had to take my youngest to the hospital today and I was fine. My husband said 'wow. U couldn't of done that a few days ago!'

I'm sticking with them!

AnxiousBaker
07-11-13, 19:12
I hope Atarax works well for you. Ive only ever known one person who was prescribed this for anxiety.

Britabb
07-11-13, 20:03
Ty. It was only because I asked for it I think. He was unsure about prescribing it tbh but because my cousin came with me and said it helps him the dr said ok give it a go. I feel good today.

Tanner40
07-11-13, 22:27
So glad to hear that the combination seems to be working for you. Keep up the good work. Many more good days are to come.