PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex changed my life...

dlou84
06-11-13, 22:08
Instead of all the doom and gloom!

2 years of not leaving the house, manic depression, thoughts of death, talking to myself (inside my head) hearing voices etc

Got prescribed the drug

Left it for 8 weeks in the cuboard mum started (without telling me) crushing it in my food.

Started on 5mg up to 20mg within 2 weeks.

Every SINGLE condition GONE!

GONE!

Try it, what you got to lose!?

karenp
07-11-13, 07:40
Aw that is fantastic darl...I've been on Escitalopram a year now but have only just got up to 20mg's so I am hoping in a couple of weeks all my symptoms will be totally gone too, still blippy first thing but only increased 3 weeks ago. So glad to hear a lovely happy ending though xxx

jayjoe18
07-11-13, 09:32
Wow! Brilliant! Glad to hear how much they are helping you! I just started Cipralex so this is so good to read!

It took me ages to pluck up the courage to start taking them, I kept thinking I wish my mum would just put them in my food/drinks without me knowing haha.

I wasn't sure how much it would help due to the long time spent with anxiety and being housebound but reading your positive post gives me great hope that I can get better too, so thank you for sharing!!!

Tunnel
07-11-13, 11:14
Wow! Brilliant! Glad to hear how much they are helping you! I just started Cipralex so this is so good to read!

It took me ages to pluck up the courage to start taking them, I kept thinking I wish my mum would just put them in my food/drinks without me knowing haha.

I wasn't sure how much it would help due to the long time spent with anxiety and being housebound but reading your positive post gives me great hope that I can get better too, so thank you for sharing!!!

Jayjoe18: So happy to hear you decided to take the Cipralex. I know taking the first one is tough, but it does get easier.

Take Care,

Mike

jayjoe18
09-11-13, 13:45
Jayjoe18: So happy to hear you decided to take the Cipralex. I know taking the first one is tough, but it does get easier.

Take Care,

Mike

Thanks Mike, it was so difficult but hopefully it will be worth it!

Tanner40
09-11-13, 13:50
DLou, congratulations. So happy to read that you're feeling so much better. Just goes to show that often our HA is our own worst enemy.

Emphyrio
10-11-13, 02:26
Congratulations! What I would advise you to do now you're feeling better though is to get therapy for your condition. Some people find that the medications stop working and then you're back to square one. With therapy you can put in place coping strategies that will last you for the rest of your life.