PDA

View Full Version : Jaw clenching

Brat
06-11-13, 23:34
Anyone else have this side effect?? It's horrid, particularly in the evening when you feel your jaw won't relax and it all feels achey and tense. Am wondering if it subsides or it anyone has any advice to help the evening ache??

Thanks

Emphyrio
07-11-13, 00:32
This happened to me with SSRIs (including prozac), and generally it fades with time. If you grind your teeth at night you can get a mouthguard fitted by the dentist.

Pipkin
07-11-13, 05:57
Yes, I get this. It's actually the only side effect that's left after the others have subsided. It does get better over time though and I found that chewing gum can help. Also, when you're lying in bed, try pushing your tongue between your front teeth. This may sound odd but, with a bit of practice, it really helps.

Pip

Brat
08-11-13, 22:26
I'm going to get gum tomorrow... I'm not sure now if I'm clenching or it's just so tense all day by the evening it's agony. I feel like I'm rubbing my jaw in public or gurning a bit to relieve the tension!!! I hate it :(

Andria24
09-11-13, 21:16
You know I've been doing this and never put it down to flux. I do it more at night and when sleeping - I've woken up with my jaw clamped together like I'm a bloody dog trying to hold onto a bone most mornings :huh:

janey jane
10-11-13, 08:39
I have that as well as a tense head all the time ive just done week one so hopefully this side effect will wear off

OncewasSupergirl
10-11-13, 22:18
I've been on fluox 11 months now n jaw clenching was a big side effect for me but it has faded over time so don't give up :) x