PDA

View Full Version : seeking help.....

rahul
07-11-13, 05:01
hi. its glad to hear that u r almost free from this hell. god bless u n hope now u r enjoying life again. i also a sufferer of health anxiety. i hv sffered from heart anxiety.docs reassured me tht thre is nothing to worry bt as u said my mind was not ready to accept. my all tests like ecg, echo came back normal. now after smtime my mind is calmed bt still i hv anxiety towards b.p. smtimes my bp rise upto 150-170 at first n i ends up in e.r. now coz of health anxiety i regular check my b.p 2 times a day. mostly it remains 120-135 bt smtimes i feel odd sensation or jelly like feeling in my legs at tht time when i took my bp it rise upto 150-160 bt not always. i dnt no wether its anxiety or really high bp. last time when i feel this odd legs feeling i checked it and it was 140 after 1 or 2 mins it came to 135 n then 130 to 135, it comes down without medicine. before this one day i feeled some odd sensation in my hands while writing. then my mom took my bp its 150 or 160. i talked with myself to calm myself bt i felt that its going high. i took beta blocker immediately. my mother took my bp again with in just 2 or 3 minutes after taking beta blocker and it was 140 then again jst after 2 mins it came down to 125-130. it came down just in mins. i was wandering tht is my bp came normal because of medicine or it was jst anxiety? is it possible to came down jst in 2 or 3 mins with beta blocker? i have reallized from last 5-6 times that mostly my bp calm down without medicine n m not a regular user of any bp medication.i take when i feel more feared. m confused abt this...... pls reply....today m going for a 3-4 days trip with family bt totally scared. carried tons of bp meds..... really stressed..... plz help....

Gina9
08-11-13, 12:50
Hi Rahul :welcome:

I think anxiety can do all sorts like this and after a while it becomes a viscous circle of not knowing which came first, the health problem or the anxiety, I've been having IBS problems and I think the IBS may have been partly caused by my anxiety but then I worry about the IBS which makes it worse, if you get what I mean.

I think you'd get a lot of help posting about this in the health anxiety sub-forum, everyone is really helpful and they may be going though the same problems.

Best wishes :hugs:

nphillips2
11-11-13, 17:29
:welcome: