PDA

View Full Version : Almost 30 years - what a waste

Dalethedog
07-11-13, 07:29
Hi

I am new here. My Health Anxiety first surfaced around 1984 and has consumed and defined me ever since.

My latest episode has all the hallmarks but as usual, it am inclined to see this episode as the real thing.

It started 8 weeks ago, when I came out of a confrontational meeting which interestingly enough I felt had gone well. We had an occupational nurse on site so ac I was feeling under par, I asked her to tale my B.P. which was high at 105/150. I returned an hour or so later and it was down, but still high. I then. Went to my GP and it was spot on. However I was given an ECG which revealed-that I had an ectopic heartbeat. Now I'm worried but they will for a heart holster next week and put me on a treadmill later.

I then started getting pains in my arms and legs, so I thought I had MS and went to the Dr who said she didn't think so. Less than 24 hours after she asked me if I had pins and needles - guess what? Pins and needles in my hands, feet and legs. Just a few days before that I started feeling dizzy coming from the nape of my neck - pins and needles and dizziness MS or a Brain Tumour?..
GP says no - orders up blood tests for a B12 vitamin deficiency instead - results were negative, I knew he was talking nonsense.

Back to see him on Monday about dizziness, he said that its coming from blood flow to brain from neck - a symptom usually seen in people about 15 years older than me. He ignores the pins and needles and despite both despite both issues being neurological and undoubtedly connected, he dismisses me as having health anxiety.

My neck and scalp creak and the dizziness is getting me down, not to mention the pins and needles.

What now?...

Annie0904
07-11-13, 10:32
Hi :welcome: to NMP. The symptoms could be anxiety related especially if you have had tests to rule out other things.

Indya
07-11-13, 10:35
I too am constantly feeling pins, needles in my feet and now I'm getting random pains all over my body and most recently feeling a tightness in my chest. I went to the doctors who gave me an ECG, with all results being fine. Had blood tests which all fine. The more I think about my health the more aches and pains I get. I am def thinking it's HA and all in my head. Positive thinking, talking to loved ones and trying to stay calm seems to help me:)

Gina9
08-11-13, 12:45
Hi :) pretty new here myself.

I get pins and needles from anxiety and also neck problems/ dizziness because I get really tense and, this may not be the best description, but 'hold' my anxiety sort of in my neck which gives me some pain, I also clench my jaw without noticing. I'm not dismissing what you say as this but just saying it can be anxiety related.

Hope you find the site supporting and helpful :welcome: