PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep

Tanner40
07-11-13, 08:02
I went to sleep no problem, and four hours later, poof, wide awake. I got up to go to the bathroom, and laid back down and immediately thought, I'm not going to go back to sleep. Every time I laid my head own I broke into a cold sweat on my face. My arms were aching and I felt nauseous. The cold sweat is driving me crazy. I always get scared when I have insomnia. This happening to anyone else?

Fly away Katie
07-11-13, 08:14
Hey! Sorry to hear youve been awake all night :(

If you tell yourself youre not going back to sleep, you probably wont be able to!

The cold sweat, aching muscles and sicky feeling are anxiety symptoms stemming from you being anxious about insomnia.

It is scary when you cant sleep..but relaxing and ignoring the symptoms best you can should help.

Best wishes xxxx

Tanner40
07-11-13, 12:24
Thanks Katie. I had terrible insomnia about six years ago and never want to go through that again. Funny thing is, the second I got out of bed and came upstairs, the cold sweats stopped. It's only when I lay my head back down and try to go back to sleep that the sweating starts again. Anxiety does the strangest things.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 ----------

Well, I did manage to fall back asleep at about 4:00 AM and slept until 6:30 AM. I have a terrible fear of insomnia due to the long period of it that I went through years ago. I am trying to be positive this morning and understand that it is just anxiety induced. I need to be more positive about it, accept it, and it will happen less often. It's when I worry about not falling asleep that it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.