PDA

View Full Version : feeling better if you miss dose??

crosser
07-11-13, 10:02
just wondering if anyone else finds this? first I lowered my dose by half and felt better and now missed 2 doses and feeling better apart from the fuzzy head withdrawel symptoms...

nomorepanic
07-11-13, 11:02
What medication?

crosser
07-11-13, 11:57
Cymbalta,

NoPoet
07-11-13, 17:57
Yes, I have felt better when coming off meds or lowering the dose.

If you do it wrong eg by going "cold turkey" (which is what you're doing by missing several doses) you may start to feel worse after a few days. Take it from me, don't mess with your medication until your doctor agrees that it's time to SLOWLY taper off them. Nothing good comes of messing with medication dosage. If you get withdrawal effects, you will know about it.

Emphyrio
08-11-13, 02:06
I was the same with fluoxetine - I felt amazing for a month or so after stopping it...and then the depression came back with a vengeance.

If I had tapered very slowly I probably wouldn't have been hit with such intense depression. These are very powerful substances and you should never cold-turkey them...even ones with long half-lives such as fluoxetine. Duloxetine has a really short half life and works on 2 of the 3 monoamine neurotransmitters - if you don't taper slowly you're asking for major trouble.

debs71
08-11-13, 02:23
I'm a bit confused by 'felt better' when coming OFF meds. That sort of suggests you feel worse on meds than off.

Isn't the idea that you feel better first, and then you come off meds, not that coming off meds makes you feel better??:shrug:

Having come off meds at least three times and had to go back on them eventually, I would advise anyone to be very careful with this. It is not as easy as it may at first appear, and has to be attempted with a ton of support, at the absolute right time for you personally life-wise, after a very long period of feeling very, very much better while on meds before you attempt weaning off (I think, but am not sure, they say about 6 months of feeling back to yourself again whilst still on meds before weaning/coming off)

The absolute key also is weaning.....slowly, as just stopping dead is a nightmare waiting around the corner.