PDA

View Full Version : neeeeed help

natalie12
07-11-13, 10:30
I'm 18 just turned an my life is hell i suffer from really bad anxiety to the point everyday is a fighting battle! I cant leave the house, ive nit ben out in over 2 months and the last time i was out was to o yo the doctors were i had the biggest panic attack ive had! I'm bed hound basically i feel weak and achy all the time that when i do walk around the house i feel as tho I'm just going to drop! I'm petrified of dying everday I'm convincing myself today's the day I'm young to die.. I'm constantly in pain chest pain breathing funny back pain you name it.. i stopped eating for a while an had a doctor come out and see me he wasn't much help he just scared me as alls he said was to have something yo eat or he was sending me to a mental hospital which made me worse i ididnt choose not to eat:/ everytime i tried to eat i felt like i was going yo be sick and felt like it was taking my breath away.. I have recently started eating again but pain. wise and feeling like i cant breathe all the time is still there.. i think there is something else wrong with me like an illness or something an yes oh all might say its anxiety playing with your mind and these are all just symptoms but seriously I do think theres something else wrong!! i move my hands like for example I'm typing now and the aching an keep cracking? everyday I'm looking up my symptoms convincing myself i have none cancer, diabetes, I'm anemic I'm going to have an heart attack... i just cant cope anymore and my mum and dad are constantly saying if you think there's something really wrong we will drive to the hospital now and get blood test ekgs what ever you want but as much as i really really would like to do that I cant i am PETRIFIED of leaving this house!! I feel the second i get in that car to go to the hospital is the second im young yo die:( i really dont no what to do? everyday tasks such as having a wash, getting a shower ect.. are so scary to me i cant do them my mum has to wash me down mostve the time and wash my hair. anyone else feel like this because i dont no what to do anymore i feel like everyday I'm waking up to just wait to die?? I'm sooooo scareddd:emot-crying::emot-crying::emot-crying:

Rennie1989
07-11-13, 10:58
The constant anxiety is making you tense up a lot, hence why you are aching a lot and experiencing pain. There is nothing wrong with you. Googling symptoms like that will only add to the anxiety because, as we all know, Dr Google is not kind and will flare anybody's anxiety tenfold.

You've got yourself in a bit of a tiffle and could probably do with some help. Ask the doctor what treatment he could refer you to for your anxiety, whether it's medication, therapy or both.

You will not die young. It feels like you're in a tight corner with no escape but there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. This is only anxiety, it will not harm you, or kill you.

Do you know what may have triggered this anxiety off?

natalie12
07-11-13, 11:46
I feel like I'm going to die though? all the time .. feels like tehres no way out that it's just going to happen:( I'm always breathless and have chest pain what if there is something wrong with me? I want to go and have blood tests and an EKG just to make sure and be on the safe side but I cant leave my house!!:/

Aquilega
07-11-13, 13:16
Hi Natalie it is anxiety my friend,I have had it for 30 years on and off,I know it feels terrible,at the moment,I have to drag myself to go out most of the time,but go out I do,please don't let this bully beat you,just take it with you wherever you go,trust me you can have a life with anxiety,nothing will happen to you however bad you feel,Be strong my friend:)

Col
07-11-13, 13:24
Hi Natalie - when did this start - did anything happen to. Cause this???

I think go to a different doctors , or get one to call you back explain your quality of life, everything scares u to death.

This really is not good. U need to be in control so your parents driving u some where I can see how this could cause you massive panic BUT get your parents to help you to find the help.

As for food , sooo important! Drink complan or dunns river nourishments to boost your health. Water water water and sleep. Try to walk around the house every few hours, you will feel weired if your not using your muscles enough.

Takecare

Sparkle1984
07-11-13, 14:03
Hi, can you get the doctor to visit you at home?

jayjoe18
07-11-13, 14:20
Hi Natalie, sorry to hear how you're feeling, I can relate, I had all these thoughts too, worried about heart attacks, blood clots, brain tumours, meningitis, you name it, I convinced myself I had it. This all happened when I was 15 and I can tell you it was nothing more than anxiety, health anxiety to e exact.

Have a look under the health anxiety section of this site, I'm sure you will find many people discussing similar worries, it honestly is just anxiety as horrible as it may seem and as difficult as it might be to accept. Trust me I know. Nothing could convince me otherwise when I was in my worst stages, but I managed to get to the doctors and was referred next day to CBT. This was the turning point and the beginning of recovery for me. It took a lot of work but after CBT I was able to rationalise and control the anxieties, I'm so much better now. You really need to see a doctor, if your current one is no good then maybe your practice has other GP's? Otherwise you could contact your local mental health services or helplines and hopefully they will be able to refer and help you.

I can't stress enough how important it is not to Google!!! Please stop doing this!!! I know it's hard but it really is doing you no favours, instead you should get yourself a notebook and write down for and against for each of your worries when they arise. This should really help rationalise things and is what is taught in CBT but it is best to see a therapist in conjuction too.

It will get better honestly, try to move about the house as much as you can, even if it makes you feel worse, it will help. Try and get a routine in place with sleeping, eating, stuff around the house etc. That will help, lying in bed will only make you feel worse.

Also, you could read Claire Weekes books, I remember reading a chapter in her books that sounds like what your going through. Maybe that will help too.

Hope you start to feel better soon :hugs:

natalie12
07-11-13, 17:06
I'm just so scared of dying like really bad i dont no what to do it seems there just no way out of this!! I have spoken to doctors, mental heath people have been out to see me 3 weeks ago now and was meant to start medication and cbt but it really is taking the piss sorry for my lam gauge but i dont no what to do anymore!!! i reallly think i am going to die

jayjoe18
07-11-13, 17:58
I'm just so scared of dying like really bad i dont no what to do it seems there just no way out of this!! I have spoken to doctors, mental heath people have been out to see me 3 weeks ago now and was meant to start medication and cbt but it really is taking the piss sorry for my lam gauge but i dont no what to do anymore!!! i reallly think i am going to die

You really need to push for a referral for some therapy ASAP, if not you yourself then your parents. I don't really know what sort of services are available because I was lucky and had a good GP but there must be something. Can you go to a different doctors? I know there's something called crisis team, maybe they could see you?

natalie12
08-11-13, 07:38
i dont. o what do anymore i dont feel myself anymore I'm so scared to die but i dont wanna be here anymoreee i cant cope with this

Sparkle1984
08-11-13, 08:52
I think if you dial 111 or NHS Direct and ask for the crisis team, they'll be able to help you. :hugs:

Liviguy
08-11-13, 16:14
Hi Natalie, you are only 18 so I don't think you will be dying anytime soon.

I too have had anxiety for a long time, started when I was 15 and I am now 36. You will get through the worst and learn to realise that it is anxiety that is feeding your fear. That is when you will start to cope more and live your life.

natalie12
08-11-13, 16:35
what if itisnt anxiety and it's something else? i really think i am going to die! I am too scared to go to the hospital/ doctors to have tests though I've not left the house in months

Sparkle1984
08-11-13, 17:31
Have you called the crisis team like myself and several other posters have suggested?

natalie12
08-11-13, 19:07
whats a crisis team