PDA

View Full Version : Has to be bowel cancer!

lelespears
07-11-13, 11:41
Really scared I have bowel cancer!! The past year I have struggled with constipation. I used to go every morning like clockwork as soon as I got up! Now I struggle to go everyday. Have to reply on laxido or lactulose. I have an underactive thyroid so that doesn't help but I'm so scared there tumours everywhere in my bowel!

I've now developed severe pain in my shoulder that spreads down my arm! Of course I'm thinking its cancer and spreading!!

My symptoms are
Constipation
Sharp random pains in sides and stomach
Pain in anus sometimes

I feel this is spiralling me Into fear' I had a colonoscopy 2 years ago it was clear. Just ibs.

Please help!!

nomorepanic
07-11-13, 11:43
It doesn't sound like cancer at all to me it sounds like constipation and/or IBS.

Go and see the doc and get them to check you over rather than thinking the worst!

emlica
07-11-13, 11:48
It really doesn't "have to be" anything! Constipation is a symptom of an underactive thyroid anyway, which you know you have. So it might be that you need to have your thyroid medication (assuming you're taking something - if not, you probably ought to be!) adjusted. The pains in your abdomen/anus that you've described could easily be the effects of the constipation and/or IBS. And both the constipation/IBS and the various aches and pains are likely to be exacerbated by stress. I think if you'd had bowel cancer for a year you'd be likely to have much more serious symptoms. I would go to the doctor if only because it sounds like your thyroid medication might need looking at, but while you're there you may as well tell him/her how worried you are about bowel cancer and I'm sure he/she will be able to put your mind at rest.

lelespears
07-11-13, 16:20
Thanks guys just so scared!!! Just wish my bowel would work! Can ur tailbone hurt with ibs

emlica
07-11-13, 16:23
With IBS pretty much anything from your chest down to the tops of your legs can hurt, from what I've heard!!

Katty1303
07-11-13, 16:56
Hi I get the exact symptoms you do I'm just assuming it's ibs brought on by this anxiety? Well hoping it is.

Your not alone :)