PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning? Viral illness? Scared!

Scaredy_Cat
07-11-13, 12:22
Sorry about going in to detail, and this might sound disgusting, but just need some advice.

I've had a sore throat and fever for a couple of days. This morning I still felt ill, but stomach was ok - until I ate something! About 5/10 minutes after I'd eaten, I had diarrhea. I do suffer from IBS and get stomach pains every now and then after eating, but this is different (I had to literally run to the toilet). And it's lasted for 3 hours on off so far. Also feel sick :(

Has anyone else experienced diarrhea while suffering flu-like symptoms? Should I be worried?

Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 ----------

Again, sorry to be disgusting, but I've been 4 times in 1 hour now :( I'm scared. I've always been afraid of food poisoning and now I think I have it. And I always to that thing thing where I think the worst and am now scared that I'm gonna end up in hospital from whever this is :(

Fishmanpa
07-11-13, 12:23
The flu is one nasty bugger. The last time I had it I didn't know whether to sit or kneel at the toilet. Based on your post, it sounds like the bug is working it's way through your body. That in combination with your IBS could very well be the answer to what's happening.

Feel better soon!

Scaredy_Cat
07-11-13, 12:26
Thank you :) I keep telling myself that although it's not pleasant, loads of people get sick like this, and they don't end up in hospital or die from it. Just keep thinking the worst though :( Feel like such a baby!

anxietyoverload
07-11-13, 13:36
I've had this before. I felt fine and I had something to eat, just something simple like a ham sandwich and I could not get off the loo. Then everytime I ate or drink it happened right away for about 24 hours. I think sometimes our bodies just need a good clear out - sorry to be gross! x

Scaredy_Cat
07-11-13, 14:55
Yeah maybe that's the case then! Haven't exactly been eating a healthy diet recently, so maybe that has contributed! Thanks :)

emlica
07-11-13, 15:40
Sounds nasty, but does just sound like a virus. Getting to that time of year :(

Keep hydrated and eat boring food when you think you can manage it. No reason to worry about it - your body should just get rid of it!