PDA

View Full Version : GP's & Floaters and flashers

Col
07-11-13, 14:01
I know this is health related but I'm pregnant went to the docs about flashes as its dangerous - my gp put ot down to me having migrains & pregnant so will calm down after birth. Im due anytime and just dr googled I know I know I shouldn't BUT retinal detachment can be ok but can be very serious, retina can be totally pulled away or something???

I don't know what the hell to do , durring labour something might happen due to the strain I'm already petrified HELP:scared15: I can't take no more

anxietyoverload
07-11-13, 14:15
Hi there, have you ever had these before? I get flashes and floaters literally all the time, but its just anxiety. it's caused by high adrenaline levels xx

Col
07-11-13, 14:27
Hi THANKS SOOOOO MUCH FOR REPLYING.....

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Basically I suffer with migraines all my life really and they used to begin with a flash and then a full visual issue and horrific symptoms.

I've had the floaters and flashes a bit more since pregnancy NOT full migraine just the flash and floaters and bottled going to doctors BUT when I did last week as per my thread she dismissed this and said pregnancy and history of migraines this should all calm down once baby is born.????

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

I'm just booking an eye appointment tomorrow at local tesco.

I'm dreading it BUT labour I'm petrified of as it is and I could go into labour anytime I'm due in 2 weeks so I keep thinking a blood vessel or something's gonna burst I'm in a right panic now

AuntieMoosie
07-11-13, 22:05
Col you're going to be just fine hun :)

Retinal detachment is a pretty rare event and you would know, without a doubt, if that was happening to you hun.

I, too, suffer with migraines, mine are complex migraines which give me a whole host of weird and wonderful symptoms, I get loads of the eye stuff, zig-zags, flashing lights, blobs, floaters and the rest!! lol

To me, what you're having sounds very much like migraine and the symptoms that go with it hun and I think your GP is right that they're probably being made worse by your pregnancy too, plus, also, you a very frightened and anxious right now which can also make migraines worse hun.

Nothing dreadful like anything bursting is going to happen to you during labour hun, your doctor would have seen straight away if there was anything really serious going on in your eyes hun.

I do think that once labour and birth are done with, you will start to feel better, I think that your anxiety levels will go down gradually and I think that you'll be just fine hun :hugs: :hugs:

Annie0904
07-11-13, 22:08
I wonder if this could be something to do with hormones as I used to get this for a few days before my period was due.

AuntieMoosie
07-11-13, 23:05
Yes I think so Annie, I've heard of lots of women that have had migraines during that time of the month, also, lots that get them at menopause too.

I think mine are triggered by stress/anxiety.

lizzie29
07-11-13, 23:09
The pill can cause migraines so they def could be hormone related.

Daisy Sue
07-11-13, 23:44
I'd definitely agree with the hormone link to migraines.. I've had migraines and bad headaches from the menopause itself, and even worse ones from the progesterone side of HRT, so I'd be very surprised if the hormonal changes during pregnancy weren't the culprit for you just now, especially if you're already prone to migraines.

Rennie1989
08-11-13, 09:00
I have floaters and I get flashes once in a blue moon and my eyes are fine. It is incredibly rare to have retinal detachment and it's more common in the elderly. There's no harm having an eye test as they will see, clear as day, whether there is anything to worry about.

Col
08-11-13, 09:27
Thanks guys very reassuring xxxx seriously calms my nerves xxxx

anxietyoverload
08-11-13, 12:02
I'm sure your eye test will be fine :) but let us know how you get on. xx

Gina9
08-11-13, 12:05
I get these too, when I first noticed them I got really nervous but had a detailed few eye tests and they say nothing is wrong. I think I read they're more common in short sighted people, I just find them annoying more than anything else when I notice them now lol.

You're not alone with this :hugs:

Col
08-11-13, 14:26
I've rebooked for tomorrow at 12 I will defo let u know thanks soooo much for the reassurance XXXX

jayjoe18
10-11-13, 13:15
I've rebooked for tomorrow at 12 I will defo let u know thanks soooo much for the reassurance XXXX

Hi Col, how did you get on with your eye test? I'm in a real panic myself right now about the same thing, I've had floaters for a few years, eyes tested in August but yesterday saw white flashes, like lightning, I'm petrified of retinal tears, going blind etc. It would be great to hear how you got on, I'm thinking of going getting another test done I'm freaking out badly!!!

Rennie1989
10-11-13, 14:47
Just book an eye appointment, Jayjoe. Col's circumstances may be different to yours.

Col
10-11-13, 16:16
Hi thanks guys well I didn't go yesterday either my anxiety was through the roof. I've got family issues and being pregnant just horrific at the minute!

Im determined to get it done Im now waiting until tuesday hubby's got day off so wants to come for moral support. I get freaked out going outside from light to dark sometimes or bright and shade so considering highly stressed as I was I thought sitting in a darkened room getting things shoved in my face will possibly result in a full blown anic attack. I don't want one of these being pregnant especially seen as though I'm due 19th november.

But I'll keep u updated because I'm seriously stressed about this.

Jaygo it's sounds similar to what I have infact same & proper freaks u out. Get an eye test done. As much as I hate tests of any kind I need piece of mind.

Let us know how u get on x