PDA

View Full Version : 19 days in

Michaela2012
07-11-13, 19:18
Hi all..
Needed a rant really.
Im day 19 on cit & feeling horrendous, I feel im getting worse not better :( I feel like im not myself any more! My head feels all over the place and just generally feel unhappy :( I dread work everyday and it is a struggle. When I come home from work I just want to lie on the sofa and not move but have a 4 year old so have to get on. Im a single mum aswell so cant ask his dad to take control when I feel crap! Just so fed up now and want to be back to normal. I had last week off work as it was school holidays and my anxiety pretty much calmed down to a manageable level now im back at work I feel back to square one if not worse :( just feel numb and withdrawn which I really don't like and defo dont want!
Sorry to go on just fed up and need reassurance that its tabs not me depressed??
Thank you for listening to my moan x

Britabb
07-11-13, 20:07
It's the start up..... Believe me, look at my posts over the last mth or so.... It's horrendous in the early days BUT STICK WITH IT!!! I'm in week 4, depression lifted but still very anxious but I got diff pills to help with that atm . Good luck, stay in touch on here and don't give up x ( I been on cit for 10 yrs but upped my dose as I had some stress in my life which pulled me down )

venusbluejeans
07-11-13, 21:19
I am on day 22 of Citalopram (for the 3rd time) and I could have written your thread. I have had a couple of good days but throughout that time I have found it really hard to think straight and my head has felt really quite confused.

I know that I have been here before taking them and I have got through it twice before so I know it does get better with time (I just can't remember how long it took last time)

feel free to PM me if you want a chat, It would be nice to talk to someone who has been roughly taking Citalopram the same time as me,

Tanner40
07-11-13, 22:09
I'm on Day 18 of citalopram and could have written parts of your post, as well. My morning journal sounds like a broken record. I have more good moments than bad (as in less anxiety) but I am feeling a bit numbed over the last few days. Not so much anxious or depressed, just more blah.
I have done citalopram several times in the past and it has always worked for me. I'm trying to take the attitude of not trying to figure out where it's the tablets or it's me. It is what it is, and I will persevere. It will get better.
Hang in there and PM me if you would like to chat.

Michaela2012
08-11-13, 17:08
Thank you so much for your replies. Venus blue jeans I think my problem is I feel confused and horrible! Its so bizzarre that the side effects are kicking in after 3 weeks? I hope you all feel better soon and keep in touxh to keep each other going :) xx