PDA

View Full Version : Really really worried about lightheadedness/dizziness/vertigo :(

matrix123
08-11-13, 15:09
I've posted before about this feeling and it's not getting better. I have convinced myself that it must be brain tumor, because of other issues which include one side headaches and others...

Right now the pattern of lightheadedness/dizziness/vertigo is as follow:

- When I take up in the morning I'm fine
- I go to work and it's more or less OK
- When I go out for lunch it start to get worse. After I walk for 5 minutes or so it seems I will fall
- After lunch it gets better again
- Around dinner it gets worse
- After I get some rest, feel better again

It's making me go crazy and the meds do not seem te help :(

However when I started meds about 18 months ago they really did help with other issues and my question is that if it's a brain tumor would the anti anxiety meds work for anxiety, perceived weakness, lack of sleep, and lots of others?

Fishmanpa
08-11-13, 15:17
The thing is, symptoms of a tumor would not come and go. It's not like they grow and shrink exerting more or less pressure on vital structures to cause symptoms. Based on the fact that you're being treated for anxiety and posting on an anxiety forum is telling as well.

I know with my cancer, the tumors kept on growing and I felt worse as time went on without a break in the action. While I'm not a doctor, I am looking at some obvious things. Also, the fact that some of your symptoms revolve around times that you eat could indicate blood sugar levels as it seems you feel better after you've eaten.

Good Luck!

matrix123
08-11-13, 15:25
Thank you Fishmanpa for the nice words. I can't help but think the worse :(

I was doing pretty good until 6 weeks or so ago and reduced the meds to none. Have started them again 2-3 weeks ago but not much help now...

Mr Mannering
08-11-13, 15:28
i had similar issues.. in fact my work colleagues used to laugh as I would get very unfocused and sit and wallow in my chair at my desk. It was always around lunch time. I discovered that after I ate I felt very spaced and light headed. I saw the doctor and he advised that it is likely that I may have hypertension. In layman turn blood is required to to stomach to assist with digestion etc.. and this leads to lightheadedness.. .. I started to eat fruit and smaller meals etc.. plus exercise all helped me ..

Fishmanpa
08-11-13, 15:29
I can't help but think the worse :(

That's the nature of HA. I would contact your doctor and see if an adjustment is needed on your meds.

Good Luck!

matrix123
08-11-13, 15:38
i had similar issues.. in fact my work colleagues used to laugh as I would get very unfocused and sit and wallow in my chair at my desk. It was always around lunch time. I discovered that after I ate I felt very spaced and light headed. I saw the doctor and he advised that it is likely that I may have hypertension. In layman turn blood is required to to stomach to assist with digestion etc.. and this leads to lightheadedness.. .. I started to eat fruit and smaller meals etc.. plus exercise all helped me ..

Thanx for the reply...I may have some hypertension. I measure it regularly and sometimes it's in the med/high range